Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Missing Segment Auto-Cancellation with Awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE

I have a bit of an odd situation with an upcoming award reservation.

I originally booked YYZ-ORD-STL on United and STL-YYZ on AC in a roundtrip. I recently changed that to the non-stop YYZ-STL on AC on the outbound and moved the outbound a day later.

My United reservation shows the simple roundtrip on AC. When I look at AC using the United record locator it still shows an ORD-STL segment on UA on the day before my actual travel. My worry is that somehow either UA or AC will detect this as a missed segment and cancel my reservation.

I called UA and got a rather rude agent who flatly told me it was AC's problem. The AC agent was a little more friendly but told me that this is just what UA had pushed to them. Any experience with this or suggestions?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:17 pm

Have AC tell you exactly what is booked on their metal and you should be able to check on UA.com what is booked on United metal. If it matches up with what you want, you should be okay. I just did this with Brussels Airlines, where their website showed me on a flight of theirs that does not exist, but when I wrote to them, they very specifically confirmed exactly what they had in their ticketing system and it was correct, but did not come close to matching what was (and still is) on their website.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
Have AC tell you exactly what is booked on their metal and you should be able to check on UA.com what is booked on United metal. If it matches up with what you want, you should be okay. I just did this with Brussels Airlines, where their website showed me on a flight of theirs that does not exist, but when I wrote to them, they very specifically confirmed exactly what they had in their ticketing system and it was correct, but did not come close to matching what was (and still is) on their website.
I called AC again today and got a slightly more helpful agent even though it was an ICC. She said that the PNR shows the extra United leg that doesn't exist but that the ticket only shows the real AC legs. I presume it's the ticket that counts for any of this silly auto-cancellation business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.