Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
All 752, 76x, 77x, 78x aircraft have lieflat seats, no other UA aircraft does

https://www.unitedcargo.com/ provides route info by aircraft type, such as Widebody Schedule Dec 2018 for regularly scheduled flights.
Print Wikipost

United Domestic Lie-Flat Seat Routes (other than p.s.)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LAX-ORD-LAX B777 3-class

There are a couple of 3-class 777s running on the LAX-ORD citypair on a fairly regular basis thru this month:
e.g:
SA 6/22:
LAX-ORD: UA 269 & UA 2291
SU 6/24:
ORD-LAX: UA 205 & UA 411

Enjoyed a nice ride the other day in seat 1K!
Some 30+ upgrades cleared.^
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
There are a couple of 3-class 777s running on the LAX-ORD citypair on a fairly regular basis thru this month:
e.g:
SA 6/22:
LAX-ORD: UA 269 & UA 2291
SU 6/24:
ORD-LAX: UA 205 & UA 411

Enjoyed a nice ride the other day in seat 1K!
Some 30+ upgrades cleared.^
I was on UA 411 (ORD-LAX) on Monday evening. 3-class 777 that came in from PVG and was turning around as a redeye LAX-ORD.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I was on UA 411 (ORD-LAX) on Monday evening. 3-class 777 that came in from PVG and was turning around as a redeye LAX-ORD.
^ Hope you scored a nice seat!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
^ Hope you scored a nice seat!
Indeed I did... 1A
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 2P. Former DL FO in the Golden Age of Mileage Runs
EWR-SAN lie flat upgrades

I may be flying to SAN on short notice, and some of the EWR flights have lie-flat seats. Usually I wouldn't dream of an upgrade as a 2P but this week it seems … reasonable. Just want to make sure that this is a CPU upgrade and not a premium transcon like EWR-SFO. Thoughts?

(Or should I just bite the bullet and go regular F through ORD/DEN?)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vitira
I may be flying to SAN on short notice, and some of the EWR flights have lie-flat seats. Usually I wouldn't dream of an upgrade as a 2P but this week it seems … reasonable. Just want to make sure that this is a CPU upgrade and not a premium transcon like EWR-SFO. Thoughts?

(Or should I just bite the bullet and go regular F through ORD/DEN?)
This is a CPU route. Good luck.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
EWR-SAN is not a premium route. You can get a regular CPU to a lie flat and it wouldn’t surprise me if you did right now. Note that it’s still regular domestic F service (usually no blankets, normal meals, etc)
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
not sure if this is the right thread for this but does anyone have an idea what routes domestically are flying 77Ws? I've seen it on the morning ewr-sfo route, hnl-lax red eye too, but otherwise any idea where else it might be regularly? Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:57 am

Orlando to Newark 777 Polaris

So I have an internal usa flight next month from Orlando to Newark on a 777 in a Polaris suite. Should I have high expectations or just a drink and a biscuit/cookie ?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LCYBOY
So I have an internal usa flight next month from Orlando to Newark on a 777 in a Polaris suite. Should I have high expectations or just a drink and a biscuit/cookie ?
You should expect a luxurious lie flat seat to go with the biscuit and drink.
nexus7556 and MileTrek like this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Agreed. You will get domestic First Class service in an international cabin. Oh, and the glass is still way more than half full on this one - meaning just getting the Polaris seat on that route is a rare treat. In fact, I would gladly trade the snack box and one drink service and even a 757 seat for a Polaris seat and zero service at all on that route.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Domestic F food/drink, per flight length. UA will probably not even put pillows and blankets out. Don't bother showing up at Polaris Lounge at EWR - you'll be subject to a Retreat of Shame.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Domestic F food/drink, per flight length. UA will probably not even put pillows and blankets out. Don't bother showing up at Polaris Lounge at EWR - you'll be subject to a Retreat of Shame.
Don't even show up at the United Club expecting to get in on the basis of class of service ! Pillows and blankets unlikely, only if the airplane is incorrectly provisioned. Time was, United loaded pillows and blankets on every seat for all widebody flights, even after the merger, but those days are long gone. Snack boxes and hot sandwiches for the service.
LCYBOY likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
8:35a #424 IAD-SFO on 788 upgauged ocassionally

#424 @8:35a flight is 788 but extremely tough CPU or even with GS PP upgrade on W-fare (or lower) because UA save upgrade seats for Y/B full fare economy or cash upgrades (can oscillate between $620+ to $420 even for W-fare). I have failed to clear several times on CPU and PP when buying W-fare or lower tkt last year. Similarly failed to sponsor 1k and no-status members with my PP last year.

But today’s #424 upgauged yesterday to 789 for my friends’ W-fare tkts sponsored with GS PP. They were #6,7 waitlisted on 788 with 4 upgrade seats open (but no PN or PZ) for last 2 weeks. When upgauged to 789, they cleared immediately at T-24 since this added 20 extra lie-flat seats.

Tuesday 1/18 #424 also switched to 767-300ER, but still only 28 lie-flat (same as 788)

Last edited by npei; Jan 17, 2022 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 6, 2022, 8:57 pm

Provided there is no aircraft swap to a non-Polaris aircraft, this will be the nicest premium seat offered on any commercial carrier between NYC area and Orlando. There is usually at least one internationally configured aircraft flown on this route daily, although my experience has been this is usually a more dated 757-200 (2-2 lie flat config) or 767-400 (2-1-2 lie flat config) on this route. Don’t get me wrong — any lie-flat aircraft offering is superior to the standard domestic first class seat.

As for service itself, it will be the standard domestic first offering which will probably be the choice between two sandwiches or a snack box. Pre-COVID this was a full plated meal service, but that is no longer the case. Just be glad the flight is more than 2 hr 20 mins, otherwise you would get a wafer and about 6 mini pretzels as a first class snack offering — worse than what DL and AA offer in coach. UA meal service might be decent on premium transcon routes and international Polaris routes, but otherwise the offering is like something you could expect to get from a vending machine at a truck stop on the Jersey Turnpike.

In closing, enjoy the Polaris seat which will be a very nice treat on this route. Just don’t board the flight hungry because this route will not be Polaris onboard service (and like someone else mentioned, definitely no Polaris Lounge access).

Last edited by coelitemm; Feb 6, 2022 at 9:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.