Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Bag Loss (asked to wait, and then) Claim Denial

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Bag Loss (asked to wait, and then) Claim Denial

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"Filed rate doctrine" has nothing to do with it. Title 49 simply preempts state courts. Period. No fancy legal maneuvering, just plain old preemption.

Originally Posted by morelegroom
UPDATE United has found the bag in dayton Ohio sent to to HNL and then "entrusted it" to some kind of ly by night bizarre firm. UA says they have a 6 hour window to deliver the bag. When i asked why ihe said "its policy" Whose policy "the company" which company "the delivery company" but they are your contractor, so you had to agree to the policy even though it is unfair to the customer. He refused to accept that United had any responsiblity for their contractors and told me if I had a complaint to go to the website.
Even if UA maintained a ground delivery system of its own, a six-hour window for delivery is hardly unreasonable. Fedex & UPS are fundamentally no different. Not sure what you want, but there are alternatives:
1. If you are at a hotel, who cares when the delivery occurs as there is someone there to sign for it.
2. If you are at a private residence and there might be nobody home, ask a neighbor, service person or whatever and let UA know.
3. You can pick up at HNL.
4. Must you be there to receive the bag? I've signed delivery releases and faxed PDF'd them in for all kinds of things in the past.

Annoying, but not unreasonable.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 17, 2013 at 2:13 pm Reason: merge
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by spin88
But once he started talking to UAL and filing paperwork, no way that the Aviation Consumer Protection Group at DOT . . . will find it a defense.
On this, we agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.