Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Platinum Benefit:Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Benefit:Better availability for United Saver Awards in select premium cabins

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Has UA Insider ever said, "Yes, we're aware there are problems with the IN and I inventory and we're looking into it?"

I guess they have more important things to do at UA than delivering on promised benefits.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
They have selected all cabins on US-Lunar flights.

Service launching in 2043.

I have seen XN>X on domestic flights, but that's it.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP
Ok, thanks for level-setting for me. I am in a boat I am certain others are in, trying to book an international business class award in May-June before the partner rates jump.

Do people book standard awards at 300,000 points for a business class seat? On the route I'm looking at it, that would come out to .02 a point, not the worst redemption I guess.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mshimansky
Ok, thanks for level-setting for me. I am in a boat I am certain others are in, trying to book an international business class award in May-June before the partner rates jump.

Do people book standard awards at 300,000 points for a business class seat?
People do, but methinks most FTers try not to do this.

You can book it, and watch inventory like a hawk and since you are Plat change to Saver if/when it opens up. Also suggest calling in, as some routes have partner availability not seen on .bomb, and as Plat you are exempt from fees.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb1992
You can't be serious?

Aren't going to happen with this "friendly" management.

Might or might not - we'll see, how long these "friends" will be able to hold on.

I am not predicting this management will do/not do anything for 1Ks. However, I expressed, what I see will develop and point out, what I think would be inventory management measures, appropriate for certain elite levels.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
Has UA Insider ever said, "Yes, we're aware there are problems with the IN and I inventory and we're looking into it?"
Exactly. What difference would that make? I've been waiting for the promised changes to the upgrade process for >1 year.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Shimansky VIP
[/QUOTE] You can book it, and watch inventory like a hawk and since you are Plat change to Saver if/when it opens up. Also suggest calling in, as some routes have partner availability not seen on .bomb, and as Plat you are exempt from fees.[/QUOTE]

Thanks EmailKid, that's a good idea and works for me. I'm newly Platinum and I see the fee and award change perks, I'll make good use of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.