Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Agent does not see award space available on ual website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No it is not about phantom LH F space.

It is LH but in I and i booked it online while the agent (clearly experienced agent based on out conversation) was with me on the phone - she was quite surprised. It was available online at least for a few hours as i noticed it in the morning but couldn't get to booking until afternoon.

Is this a known phenomenon? In the past i encountered availability seen by agents but not by the website but this was the other way around.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
It happened to me a few weeks ago with F and J space.
But when I checked KVS, ANA did NOT show the space as being there.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
....It was available online at least for a few hours as i noticed it in the morning but couldn't get to booking until afternoon.
was it available online at time of booking? is it still showing online?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Diamond
I don't know but I was calling in this morning to book a flight that wasn't able to be booked online. The agent could not even see the flight I wanted. It was LH 471 on 11/8. They kept telling me the flight did not exist. I told them I was on united.com and was looking at it. They ending up just having me book the "non existent" flight and then tacking on the connection that I wanted. Still it was something I had never ran in to.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In these cases (for me) the online booking just errored out saying "this flight is no longer available" after attempting to submit payment.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes it was available online and I completed new reservation online (well changed an existing reservation to better flights) while the agent was on the phone with me. She was surprised and so was i - we both expected this to error out. I was also concerned about losing the existing reservation while failing to book the new one but it worked out fine.

I am quite impressed with functionality of ual site but very puzzled why it had access to inventory not visible to agent.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by azepine00

I am quite impressed with functionality of ual site
You must be one of the few

Cheers.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
I believe some data or the data instance / copy or cache was not up to date.

Some times, rare cases data updates and syncs can get a little behind on some systems and some may be using older data.

I bet their IT guys would love to know this unique example.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
Cheap shot. united.com has its problems, but the award booking website is highly functional and user friendly compared to the competition.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
IMHO website functionality improved quite a bit from pmUA days. One of very few bright spots of this merger. YMMV of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.