Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What is the long term evolution plan and/or replacement to SHARES?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM

Has anyone heard any info about UA making significant upgrades to its computer system? Could this be a replacement for SHARES?

Last week a GS agent told me that UA will be upgrading its computer systems early in 2014. She said the IT department is now testing bits and pieces of a "new system". Specifics were not mentioned, and she did not say the old system would be replaced. But the agent indicated she is already working with some new screens, tools, etc.

Last edited by J.Edward; Oct 30, 2013 at 8:02 pm Reason: Clarify title
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
As of right now I'd say its electronic band aids, bailing wire and rubber bands.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:23 pm

SHARES on the back end isn't going anywhere, GUI's are already in place and in development to make the user interface more efficient. I think you were being given old news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.