Wiki Posts
Search

UA's Facebook Team

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
UA's Facebook Team

What's the point of UA's Facebook team? I've never messaged United on Facebook, but I do look at it's wall every now and then. Every piece of customer feedback UA receives get responded to with a link to UA Customer Care.

Have any of you dealt with a UA issue directly through Facebook? Or does the FB team always redirect to website?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I am sure it is similar to their Twitter squad. Having a presence allows them to protect/ defend/ support themselves in some way.

If someone is out there using @United on Facebook which links their comments directly to United (just like twitter) it allows United to support good feedback and handle the negative.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
A 30 second look at UA's FB page indicates that the OP is most definitely wrong. Sure, many of the responses do instruct the poster to contact customer care, but I see plenty where they ask for more details to be shared via private message, etc.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by palmetto86
What's the point of UA's Facebook team? I've never messaged United on Facebook, but I do look at it's wall every now and then. Every piece of customer feedback UA receives get responded to with a link to UA Customer Care.

Have any of you dealt with a UA issue directly through Facebook? Or does the FB team always redirect to website?
Twitter and FB are great ways to get help when you are in the air (and on a flight with WiFi). I've had several rebookings done via Twitter (and I assume you can do the same via FB).
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT
UA's Facebook Team

just received this today from twitter

United
@united
  Follow  

@xxxxxxxx We are looking into this, thank you. ^LS

06:01 PM - 30 Oct 13

Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kenn0223
Twitter and FB are great ways to get help when you are in the air (and on a flight with WiFi). I've had several rebookings done via Twitter (and I assume you can do the same via FB).
I'm also a big fan of the efficacy of Twitter specifically in connecting with companies/brands.

Funny anecdote. I'm a 1K (GS for a handful of years) with a measly Twitter fiefdom so tend to just get generic responses. The ONE time my girlfriend who I think hit Silver for the first time ever this year (who has something like 500K followers) sent something to @united she got a direct message asking for a e-mail/phone they could reach her at. Hilarious, if not understandable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.