Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Adding flight onto PNR ? + MSC for luggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver

I have a TLV-IST-LAX return booked with TK.

I was wondering if I could add another flight (UA domestic) onto that PNR - opinions seem to be mixed.

If not - (perhaps if so ...) - is there a chance to get my luggage checked through, and more importantly - would there be a chance of getting TK baggage rules applied (3 checked bags as opposed to just one for UA) as Most Significant Carrier ?

This would be MCI-AH-LAX => LAX-IST-TLV (that's going to be a long day...)
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Yes, but expensive to do once ticketed.

Highly doubt UA will give you the MSC if not on the same PNR the way your routing is. Were it TK to UA, probably.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
When you say "expensive" - how do I go about getting it done ?

Originally Posted by aacharya
Yes, but expensive to do once ticketed.

Highly doubt UA will give you the MSC if not on the same PNR the way your routing is. Were it TK to UA, probably.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

What mix if opinions are you finding?

You can change the TK ticket and add the segments you want assuming TK can book them. But you'll be charged the change fee (whatever it is) and fare difference (whole ticket will need to be reissued). That might be a lot more than booking the additional flights separately.

The bags should be able to be checked through - but on a separate ticket, may be required to pay UA fees for the domestic portion. Not sure how this works. If booked separately, however, and you miss the connection to IST, note tou will be responsible for rebooking the rest of your trip, buying a new ticket, etc. It's possible with all *, TK will book you on next available at no charge, but certainly don't count on it. That's the risk of booking on separate PNRs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.