Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Different contents/fewer items in F snack boxes than in Y

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold

Flew to Calgary Monday in economy, no upgrade full flight. It's a 3-1/2 hour ride from ORD, got hungry ordered the Tapas snack box. Ate everything in the dang box.

Next day come home in F (ecu) and was served the same snack box or at least I believe it was. It was opened already and the lid was folded back and contents stood up nicely. Very nice except the pitted olives and the almonds were missing. Few minutes later I see the FA eating almonds. Hmmmm.

Not going to complain. If someone is so desperate as to steal from snack boxes, I sure don't want to mess their life up any more.

Geeez! What's the world coming to!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Originally Posted by tryathlete
Flew to Calgary Monday in economy, no upgrade full flight. It's a 3-1/2 hour ride from ORD, got hungry ordered the Tapas snack box. Ate everything in the dang box.

Next day come home in F (ecu) and was served the same snack box or at least I believe it was. It was opened already and the lid was folded back and contents stood up nicely. Very nice except the pitted olives and the almonds were missing. Few minutes later I see the FA eating almonds. Hmmmm.

Not going to complain. If someone is so desperate as to steal from snack boxes, I sure don't want to mess their life up any more.

Geeez! What's the world coming to!
I would assume on a 3+ hr flights the FAs are allowed to take a snack box or other meal. I'm guessing your FA just accidentally gave you the one he/she was eating/had taken some food from. I doubt there was any malice involved.

But damn those almond & olive stealing FAs!!!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Maybe she was ready to roll out the new Mama Bird dining option offered to GS+?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
The F snack boxes haven't had nuts or olives in years.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
OP should just remind the FAs to keep their hands off his nuts.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Originally Posted by mre5765
The F snack boxes haven't had nuts or olives in years.
I think the "F snack boxes" you're referring to most be something different than the "Snackboxes" you can buy in Y

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/inflight/economy/menu.aspx

That menu still lists Almonds and Olives in the Tapas box.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by coutura
I think the "F snack boxes" you're referring to most be something different than the "Snackboxes" you can buy in Y

Yes explus F boxes are a totally different and reduced deal.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive

The F snack boxes are blue and have the letters P.M. on them in gold. And they have about 2/3 of the stuff in the Tapas snack boxes.

That said, a 3.5 hr flight qualifies for a real meal in F, unless in a CR7 or E170
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Ok false alarm maybe! I'm overruled by those with superior knowledge

Thankfully I never said anything!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tryathlete
Ok false alarm maybe! I'm overruled by those with superior knowledge

Thankfully I never said anything!
I don't think you were overruled. There was some confusion/discussion about F snack boxes vs the purchased Y snack boxes. If you purchased the Y Tapas snack box, then you should have had almonds and olives. However, as I said earlier, I think it was an earnest mistake by the FA. Had you kindly said something you probably would've gotten a second, replacement snack box for free.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Had you kindly said something you probably would've gotten a second, replacement snack box for free.
Flying to LAX with a friend in F after our food (we were still a bit hungry) and asked if we could buy a snack box intending to share and a few minutes later we each got one with a "Don't worry about it sweetie" when I started to go for my wallet.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:44 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Flying to LAX with a friend in F after our food (we were still a bit hungry) and asked if we could buy a snack box intending to share and a few minutes later we each got one with a "Don't worry about it sweetie" when I started to go for my wallet.
I've been willing to pay each time I ask for one, but they never let me pay for it. Free tapas box FTW!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Wait... we have to pay for food in F now?!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
I've been willing to pay each time I ask for one, but they never let me pay for it. Free tapas box FTW!
The Tapas Box is often times much better than the slop/gruel they give you in F, imho.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by johnmont
The Tapas Box is often times much better than the slop/gruel they give you in F, imho.
Yeah, the beef and chicken wraps and the chicken and shrimp salads are getting pretty old. I just wish they would offer some of the snack boxes (or Bistro on Board options) complimentary in F for a change of pace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.