Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Transpac Flight from SFO!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Perhaps the oft-rumored SFO-CTU? I think the consensus was a 4-5x weekly 787 flight, originally 'supposed' to be announced in June concurrent with the Fortune Global Forum 2013 held in Chengdu, but that came and went.
I was following that. And I somewhat remember in one forum that this flight was confirmed starting in 2014. Again, sometimes it is really hard for me in forum to distinguish between people wishes and actual official announcements.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElNegro
Another city that won't be relevant to the most of us. Good Job United.

SIN or AKL would have been a wiser choice.
Wiser choice for whom? Likely not UA. Good luck selling premium seats in direct competition with SQ and NZ. Assume this reflects UA making money on its existing SFO-China routes and, after all, that's what running a business is all about.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I hope its in to SZX... I would love a direct US to Shenzhen route... Lots of people take the SFO, ORD, EWR to HKG flights just to go to Shenzhen. Also with Shenzhen Airlines they have a Star Alliance Partner Hub there.

That would free up another 772 or 744 to make the flight from ORD or SFO to another destination like AKL, SIN, or BKK.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by spin88
The 787-9 only has a slight amount more range (8,000 to 8,500 nautical miles vs. 7,650 to 8,200 nautical miles) and I don't think that is going to make BKK dueable west bound when the winds are strong.

the A350 will be able to do it, but not the 787-9.
Wait! Do you this means A350 has more capabilities? Is that A350-900 or 1000? Is that more than 8,500nm? It would be on weight restrictions. I think A350-900XWB will barely make it. I'm sure about that one.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
Come to think of it, those special ads in the Hemisphere magazine promoting Chengdu since at least the beginning of this year sort of work out as a nice foreshadow. Chengdu really is a special place. It's my 2nd favorite city on the mainland. If it were by the sea, it'd be my favorite by far.
I always wondered what those ads were doing in Hemispheres. But forgot about that till you mentioned it.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElNegro
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28

Supposedly it's SFO - CTU 4x - 5x weekly on the 787.

Another city that won't be relevant to the most of us. Good Job United.

SIN or AKL would have been a wiser choice.
India from SFO would be even more sensible, if there is an AC that can do it.

SIN gets 2 777 daily. That is a lot of capacity already.

CTU is what Shenzen or Guangzhou was a few years ago - the bay area's outsource center. And a rapidly growing biz center in its own right.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
now how about direct IAD-SIN
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Now that the speculated route has been announced, I will close this thread and invite members to use the following thread for discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...o-service.html

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.