Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help with Foreseeable Consequences with UA/US Award Tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

After readily refreshing and calling every 10pm PST, I have finally completed my 2 one way, roundtrip but booked separately, savers award flight to Sao Paulo for FIFA in 08/2014.

Either leg was impossible to book since United/COPA sells out of their limited seats within seconds. The only return flight that I could find and book was GRU-CLT instead of GRU-CLT-LAX as the LAX leg was sold out.

I need to go about changing this but I have a special set of circumstances. I will complete my *S qualifying flight on 09/02/2013. Therefore I can't change without paying a hefty fee. I will complete my *G qualifying flight on 11/17/2013 (BAH!!). Since US is leaving *A on 11/01/2013, is my deadline to change this booking that date?

What are my chances of obtaining ANY GRU-LAX flight by rebooking it in after *G? Because UA/COPA saver awards are sold out, does that mean I must rebook for flights with saver awards or any available seat?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:19 am
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Can you tell them you will accept some other termination point... SAN, LAS, SFO, etc. and get home independently from there? Might be worth it rather than have the major part of the trip possibly interfered with.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by scratchphysics
What are my chances of obtaining ANY GRU-LAX flight by rebooking it in after *G? Because UA/COPA saver awards are sold out, does that mean I must rebook for flights with saver awards or any available seat?
If you want a saver award, you must find saver award availability. The only common exception is if the schedule becomes impossible or obviously undesireable, the airline issuing the ticket will sometimes open space on their own flights for you.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scratchphysics
Hi all,

Either leg was impossible to book since United/COPA sells out of their limited seats within seconds. The only return flight that I could find and book was GRU-CLT instead of GRU-CLT-LAX as the LAX leg was sold out.

Since US is leaving *A on 11/01/2013, is my deadline to change this booking that date?
It's FIFA time. Of course there are limited seats.

*A exit is not confirmed to be that specific yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.