Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Q: Can't change domestic connecting flight of int flight due to confirmed upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q: Can't change domestic connecting flight of int flight due to confirmed upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BAEC Silver
Q: Can't change domestic connecting flight of int itinerary due to confirmed upgrade?

Flying LHR-SFO-PDX next week and returning PDX-SFO-LHR, booked in economy on an unrestricted fare and confirmed in biz/first using GPUs.

When I asked if I could change the SFO-PDX and PDX-SFO flights to earlier flights which weren't available at the time of booking the agent said that it could not be done without removing the upgrades for the LHR-SFO and SFO-LHR segments as the whole trip would have to be repriced.

Since there is currently no R space available for the transatlantic segments this would result in me losing my upgrades. My only option was standing by for the earlier flights on the day of departure or to wait for additional R space to open. Is the agent correct?

Is there a way to split the segments so that the domestic flights can be changed without affecting the TATL flights?

Last edited by whatever809; Aug 8, 2013 at 7:10 am
Old Aug 8, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
#1 rule - HUACA
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
#1 rule - HUACA
Sound advice, its been fixed by a great agent at the old HNL 1K desk. When will I learn not to call when they're not online!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.