Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
price change ofter buying tickets

So, this morning at around 1am, I purchased a ticket for the following route:
SAT > IAH > MEX, Aug 16th. (L fare)
MEX > IAH > SAT, Aug 19th. (W fare)

Total price of my ticket was $405.
Later I check the priced again at 7am, and the price is now $358 for the exact same route! (both are now L fare).
Can we just typically call Customer Care and get a refund, since it's been less than 24 hours? How would this work?

-Ranferi Denova
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The quickest and cheapest way is to cancel/refund the first ticket and then buy the new one (assuming the lower-priced is still available).
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
The quickest and cheapest way is to cancel/refund the first ticket and then buy the new one (assuming the lower-priced is still available).
And of course the safer way to do it is to buy the new one, wait for it to ticket, and cancel/refund the old one.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, Emerald Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ranferi64
Can we just typically call Customer Care and get a refund, since it's been less than 24 hours? How would this work?
You shouldn't need to call - just pull your itinerary up on United's website either by logging into your MileagePlus account or using the 6 character PNR. There should be a "change/refund" link at the top which you should be able to use to get a full refund with no penalty (since it's still within 24 hrs).

I also echo the advice to book the new tickets at the lower price, wait for it to ticket, then refund the old ones.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Or...

...take a look at www.airtran.com where RT nonstop SAT-MEX-SAT on those dates prices at $281 AI.

Recently learned about this option - nonstop, no barbie jets, WiFi on board. No FF points and only one flight per day, but if it works for you it's a great option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.