Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

RewardsPlus - Comp'ed matched Marriott/UA status {Awaiting SPG/MR Merger Details}

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: slowly
Wiki Link
FAQs: https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...s.html?lang=en

Q: If I registered and was granted complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus and have re–qualified for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following year, will I need to also re–register my request for complimentary Gold Elite status for the following year?

A: No. Members who have already registered for and received complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status through RewardsPlus in a calendar year and who qualify for MileagePlus Premier Gold® status or higher for the following calendar year will have their previous registration with RewardsPlus automatically renewed and will receive complimentary Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status for the following calendar year.

-------------------------------

For the United elites who are new to Marriott Rewards, here are the benefits you receive as Gold. Please familiarize yourself with what you are and are not entitled to as a Marriott Gold.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits/gold.mi

Also, please be nice to the Marriott 'newbies' who come to this forum to figure out what UA Silver gets (or doesn't get) them.

And here is a thread with some details for the newly-minted UA Silvers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...riences-q.html

RewardsPlus combines the best of MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards

United MileagePlus® and Marriott Rewards® are excited to announce that the exclusive travel benefits of our RewardsPlus program will continue into 2016. Once registered for RewardsPlus, MileagePlus members with Premier® Gold status or higher are eligible for Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status, and all of the benefits that come with it. This year’s status offerings will be effective through January 2017.

Go places you’ve dreamed of in 2016 and elevate your experience everywhere.

• MileagePlus Premiers who are already registered: If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016, we’ll automatically renew your benefits in Marriott Rewards for another year, until January 2017
• If you qualify for Premier Gold status or higher for 2016 and have not yet registered, sign-up now. Registration is easy and complimentary, and you’ll enjoy a year of great benefits with an upgrade to Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status
• Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members who are already registered: If you qualify for Platinum Elite status in Marriott Rewards for 2016, more good news – we’ll automatically renew your benefits in MileagePlus for another year, until January 2017
• All members of both programs: You’ll continue to enjoy a 20% discount every time you convert Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus miles as well as 10% more miles when you redeem points for RewardsPlus travel packages

Continue to take your benefits above and beyond.

For United MileagePlus members with Premier Gold status or higher, Marriott Rewards will offer Gold Elite status, which includes:

• Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott®, Renaissance Hotels®, Marriott® Hotels and Autograph Collection® Hotels (Resorts are excluded)
• Room upgrades, based on availability and limited to Member’s personal guest room
• Complimentary in-room enhanced Internet access at more than 3,800 hotels globally
• 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
• Priority late check-out, based on availability
• Gold Elite customized offers and awards
• One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive

For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United MileagePlus will offer Premier Silver status, which includes:

• Complimentary access to Economy Plus® at check-in for you and a companion (when available)
• Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as day of departure
• Premier Access® priority airport services, including check-in, baggage handling, security screening (where available) and boarding
• One complimentary checked bag, standard size
• 7 award miles for every dollar you spend on United flights*

Elevate your travel experience with another year of RewardsPlus. For more information about RewardsPlus and to learn how to register, visit united.com/rewardsplus or mrrewardsplus.com.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/lo...t-rewards.aspx

While not publicly stated, in 2017, Marriott Platinum Premiers were matched as United Premier Gold (Marriott Platinum Elites are matched as Premier Silver)
and United Global Services members were matched as Marriott Platinum Elites (appears this was for 2017 only and will not be offered in 2018)
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 15, 13, 6:10 am

Programs: UA GS
Thanks Aaron......... . great news
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by wxlvr View Post
Does that mean that a MP Gold member could make Marriott Platinum with only 25 nights?
No.

b. In the Marriott Rewards Program: Members who receive complimentary Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards Program through the RewardsPlus Program may reach higher Elite status levels, but only by reaching the published qualification requirements as set forth in the Marriott Rewards Elite program. Gold Elite status in the Marriott Rewards Program that is granted through the RewardsPlus Program may not be combined, added or stacked with any elite qualification requirements to achieve a higher Elite status level in the Marriott Rewards Program. For more information, please visit www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi
https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...tusMatchTC.jsp

Same goes the other way too.
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:16 am

a change a LIKE...thanks!
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:27 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, DL AA Kettle, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Thumbs up

At least this is not a reduction in benefits...

Thanks, UA
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:28 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I was curious how Marriott and United would respond to the Delta/Starwood partnership announced earlier this year. Like some others, I really thought it would be Hilton and United, since Hilton lets you earn miles and points and Marriott makes you choose one or the other.

The fact that Plats with Marriott get complimentary Premier Silver status on United may have a significant impact. Lots more competition for E+ @ checkin!

Marriott's lounges are already over crowded. Can't wait to see how the influx on newly minted Golds from MP increases the numbers and decreases the offerings. Golds and Plats also get upgrades at Marriott. With the new increase in Golds, I am sure upgrades will be a lot harder to come by.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:28 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jeebus View Post
Excellent new benefit! Just registered...

With this UA-MR partnership and the previously announced DL-SPG reciprocity, I wonder if AA/US is working on something as well.
Actually DL sent me invitation on the 10th for Club Carlson Gold Elite Status, which also gives me 1K bonus miles for 1st stay btw 7/29-9/30 and extended Gold status thru 2/28-15 if 3 stays by 12-15 so I'm guessing AA/US will present something soon.
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Great add, and Marriott has a much larger footprint than SPG, which really makes this program useful.
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K (1.5MM)
So, wait... what about lifetime Premier Gold (the 1MM folks), will they also get Marriott Gold?
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:44 am

Wow, seems like a great promotion! Just registered...
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by DWFI View Post
Well, that's a major disaster averted for the moment.
Except for UA silvers will not be happy

Originally Posted by wxlvr View Post
Does that mean that a MP Gold member could make Marriott Platinum with only 25 nights?
Its the same as any other comped status. Does not get nights applied towards higher status
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Billiken View Post
At least this is not a reduction in benefits...

Thanks, UA
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:52 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by tarheelnj View Post
Stay tuned for responses from existing 50+ night Marriott Golds (and higher) who already experience overcrowded lounges and aren't going to like this at all.
As a pmUA Million Miler, this seems like it will be good for me. I am Hilton Gold, but since I also stay at Marriott (with no status) I will sign up in order to be the same at Marriott. Every little perk helps, and I appreciate it when I am upgraded, get free internet, breakfast, etc.

There is always a down side. Now, it seems that there will just be more people seeking a limited pool of upgraded Marriott perks.

The bright side is that maybe the co dba ua management is rethinking its belief that there are too many "over entitled elites" - except that this "new" program seems to put the burden on Marriott without too much that UA has to add.
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I will admit it, but I was completely and totally wrong. This is actually a great addition to MileagePlus. I have been moving all my stays to Marriott since Hilton devalued to Hiltonpesos and I'm pretty excited to hear about this. Thank you, Aaron.
Old Jul 15, 13, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Plat | National Car Exec Elite
i already stay with Marriott as my primary. would be nice if there was something additional for the Marriott Plats. the prospect of transfer bonus for the air/hotel Marriott package is good, meaning better than 1:1 at the maximized redemption?
Old Jul 15, 13, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plt, Hilton Gold, BA Silver, GE
I really hope Marriott has a way to distinguish between earned versus reciprocated MR Gold members... Lounges will be even more packed, upgrades tougher, etc.

This change helps some, no impact on some others, and negative for me. I just want UA to concentrate on making my flight experience better (lower cost, better quality food, comfortable seating, on time and clean planes) not where I sleep that night.

I know where they've been sleeping...

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: