Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Silver Airways now CODESHARE partner (not UX) -- Experiences? Bag allowance? Mileage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
2013 -- Silver Airways changed from UX operator to codeshare for Florida flights
2014 -- Silver Airways operations out of IAD also convert to codeshares

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/earn-miles/airline-partners/silver-airways.html
Earning miles on Silver Airways flights
If your ticket was purchased directly from united.com, by calling the United Customer Contact Center (including a United specialty desk, such as United Groups, United Meetings or the Premier Priority Desk), from a United representative at the airport, or through a United ticket office, you'll earn miles based on the fare footnote1, footnote2 and your MileagePlus status. Please reference the "Ticket number starts with 016" section below. footnote3 Otherwise, you should reference the "Ticket number does not start with 016" section. footnote4 You'll earn miles based on flight distance footnote5 and the purchased fare class and/or fare class flown. footnote6
Note only RDMS, no PQMs
Using miles
See our award chart to find out how many miles you'll need to fly one way or roundtrip, depending on class of service and region of travel, on any Star Alliance network airline. You can book award travel on Silver Airways through united.com. Service charges may apply for booking or changing award reservations, depending on ticketing, travel dates and MileagePlus status. Award tickets cannot be issued at the airport. Call 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) to reach the United Customer Contact Center within the U.S. and Canada, or view more contact and language options.
Checked baggage
Service charges apply whenever bags are checked with Silver Airways as the first operating carrier, and are determined by the marketing carrier.
Please note that service charge waivers for the following customers do not apply to codeshare flights with Silver Airways:
  • MileagePlus Premier members
  • United MileagePlus Chase card members
For more information and to determine specific checked baggage service charges, please see the checked baggage page. Additional baggage policies for travel on Silver Airways may be found on their website.
Print Wikipost

Silver Airways now CODESHARE partner (not UX) -- Experiences? Bag allowance? Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
I'm looking at a mileage run flight "operated by Silver dba United Express"

It's IAD-CKB (Clarksburg WV) - $90 r/t.

1) Will I get 500/segment credit (with elite status)?
2) Will I be able to get 2 segments of credit for the IAD-MGW-CKB outbound flight?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:54 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
I'm looking at a mileage run flight "operated by Silver dba United Express"

It's IAD-CKB (Clarksburg WV) - $90 r/t.

1) Will I get 500/segment credit (with elite status)?
2) Will I be able to get 2 segments of credit for the IAD-MGW-CKB outbound flight?
1) Yes; the ex-IAD EAS routes like CKB definitely earn RDM and PQM, and 500 mile minimums.

2) Most likely no (as they're operated as the same flight #, and can't be broken into 2 segments AFAIK).
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:11 am

I wrote to MP regarding my missing Silver fligths (PBI-MCO-PBI) and got a respond in 10 mins from 1k desk (a miracle).

They claimed that according to .bomb only UA codeshare or Silver flights in/out FLL is eligible for UA miles. However, I read .bomb as all silver flights are eligible as long as you are booked in eligible fare classes. Not to mention on silverairways.com there is a big blue UA themed banner says "Earn MileagePlus Award Miles On All Silver Airways Flights". (bolding mine)

Regardless, I emailed back to request for further clarification but have not heard anything yet.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by rankourabu
and I m guessing no more awards on these flights, at least online?
I was able to book such an award a couple of months ago (on a Silver airways flight I found had award space through Expert Flyer) but it required a telephone call during which the award was manually patched together and the miles manually subtracted from my account. Not every UA agent is going to be willing to try this I expect.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by GrizShel
I was able to book such an award a couple of months ago (on a Silver airways flight I found had award space through Expert Flyer) but it required a telephone call during which the award was manually patched together and the miles manually subtracted from my account. Not every UA agent is going to be willing to try this I expect.
That is a very interesting result because IME I've never been able to book reward flights on Silver since the cutover to them being a partner rather than a UAX carrier.

Are there any tools besides EF that can show reward availability on Silver?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
I am Premier Silver on a MCO-GNV flight (104 miles) - how many PEQM do i earn

I remember there used to be a 500-minimum PEQM earning if you are elite

Is that still in play
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
2nd bullet on 'earning miles' page:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...es/united.aspx
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On UA/UX/COPA operated flights there is 500 mile min RDM/PQM for UA elites. On a few partners there is a similiar min, but on most partners (such as US) there are no mins.

MCO-GNV is on Silver airways, correct?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
On UA/UX/COPA operated flights there is 500 mile min RDM/PQM for UA elites. On a few partners there is a similiar min, but on most partners (such as US) there are no mins.

MCO-GNV is on Silver airways, correct?
Yes, its Silver Airways, but a United flight #

So I will not qualify because its not operated by UA correct?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The Silver rules at http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=556 say 0 PQM and at least 500 RDM (100% of flight distance with 500 mile minimum).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by caseminole
Yes, its Silver Airways, but a United flight #

So I will not qualify because its not operated by UA correct?
Zero PQMs
500 mile min RDMs

see chart

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...x-carrier.html
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by star_world
2nd bullet on 'earning miles' page:

http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...es/united.aspx
The way its worded here makes me think I WILL earn 500. It just says the minimum applies on United and United Express flights.

I am on Silver Airways, but its a UA flight #, so still not exactly suer
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA G
The way its worded here makes me think I WILL earn 500. It just says the minimum applies on United and United Express flights.

I am on Silver Airways, but its a UA flight #, so still not exactly suer
UA credits based upon operating carrier's booking class, not the marketing carrier. That's why UA's rules for Silver Airways is what matters here.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Got it.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:22 pm

... I am on Silver Airways, but its a UA flight #, so still not exactly suer
see the referenced thread, Silver is no longer UX in FL, it is non *A codeshare. Therefore no PQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.