Wiki Posts
Search

Int travel check in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1P, Avis Presidents Club, Marriott Gold Elite, RCC
Int travel check in

I searched and did not find anything so sorry if a thread exists.

Looking for minimum airport arrival times for int travel. Itin is ord to IAH to bze. Departure is 5:20am this Sat. Have a limo picking wife and I up at 3am to get to ord by 3:30 which I hope is fine for an int itin? Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier Gold, DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriot Rewards Gold
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

60 minutes
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mirage47
I searched and did not find anything so sorry if a thread exists.

Looking for minimum airport arrival times for int travel. Itin is ord to IAH to bze. Departure is 5:20am this Sat. Have a limo picking wife and I up at 3am to get to ord by 3:30 which I hope is fine for an int itin? Thanks for the info.
Wow!! That's early!
There'll be no one at ORD. Don't forget your first leg ORD-IAH is domestic.
4am would be plenty of time. Can't you check-in online (OLCI)? Are you checking bags? You're Gold as well. Any which way, 3.30am is too early.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Apr 17, 2013 at 7:48 pm Reason: updated to Gold status
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rebech34
.... 60 minutes
Caution the 60 minutes quoted refers to when you must have "Check-in and baggage check completed" -- wait time in line, checkin processing, etc is not included.
BTW, if the initial flight is domestic connection (ORD-IAH), then for ORD the min is 45 minutes

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
.... There'll be no one at ORD. ....
appears ORD checkin opens at 3:15

Chicago, IL

O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Terminal 1
All gates on E Concourse
Chicago, IL 60666
3:15 a.m. - 8:45 p.m. Daily
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:18 am
Original Poster

The bag check limit is what I was looking for so thanks! I will olci and see if we get lucky enuf for an ug as spouse is gm on UA. Yep, pretty early so I will definitely call the limo to come later. Again, thanks for the insights and link!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
The bag check limit is what I was looking for so thanks! I will olci and see if we get lucky enuf for an ug as spouse is gm on UA. Yep, pretty early so I will definitely call the limo to come later. Again, thanks for the insights and link!
Unless you and your wife have had your passports scanned very recently I don't think you'll qualify for OLCI. I was going to suggest getting to the airport earlier to get on the upgrade list earlier, but since the INTL segment is from IAH it likely won't make much of a difference.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
appears ORD checkin opens at 3:15
You're taking my quote a little too literally, or I should have been slightly more precise. I wasn't commenting on when check-in opens. I was saying or meant to say there wouldn't be a line or a lengthy wait to check-in.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Which is what I thought as well, plus if tsa pre is open, we both have TT numbers.

Looks like ug ord to IAH cleared at T48, so will see if IAH to bze clears too! Can easily sleep on planes and be rested for first night on Ambergris Caye!

Thanks all!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Which is what I thought as well, plus if tsa pre is open, we both have TT numbers.

Looks like ug ord to IAH cleared at T48, so will see if IAH to bze clears too! Can easily sleep on planes and be rested for first night on Ambergris Caye!

Thanks all!
Since you have an INT destination you're not eligible for Precheck. Sorry.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I think that the point that people are trying to make is that T-60 is the deadline for being physically at the counter and checked in. Doubtful that OLCI will work unless OP + wife have had their passport scanned recently and, although there are exceptions apparently, PC should not work on an intl. itinerary where it won't be necessary to reclear security at IAH (which it won't).
Old Apr 18, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
The minimum check-in times only apply to the first segment, so if your first segment is domestic refer to the domestic times. At ORD (and a few other stations its 45 min) elsewhere it's 30 min.

Keep in mind these times are related to when check-in has to actually occur so being in line to check-in isn't good enough. The time when you show up depends on your personal risk tolerance. Assuming you feel pretty strongly about being on the flight I'd be walling up to the line at T-60.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.