Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Name not showing as wait listed after RPU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)

Hi,

I have a RPU used and when I tried to check-in to put myself on the wait-list, I had issues. After calling an agent, they said that it was a security issue and 'everything is good, it just seems you've had a security flag'.

I called back, and the agent was able to check me in. However, I noticed I wasn't showing on the upgrade standby list on the website or app, but she said "refresh in 15 minutes". All fine.

An hour later - nada. I called and she said from what they can see I'm not on the list online, but she assured me that I'll appear on the airport list. Has anyone ever heard of this and do you know if this is true? I was always under the impression that the two lists would be the same.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
You will need to get an airport agent to do it.

Keep in mind the airport list is different from the regular list. So if you see a seat open, be sure to call in and jump the queue.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
I called again and I was told I was on an 'airport priority upgrade' list. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
I called again and I was told I was on an 'airport priority upgrade' list. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
It's a load of cr@p. If you don't see yourself on the list, you're not on.

Agents dont uderstand the system.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:45 am

Applied an RPU over 24 hours in advance and was either confirmed or waitlisted on all segments except the first one as shown on the website.
Phone agent assures me that I am on the list for the first segment that is now under airport control.

At exactly 24:01 prior to the first segment I received an email saying they could not confirm the request for the first sefment, but I will be added to the upgrade standby list after checking in.

At 24:00 I checked in, selected seats in FC for the flights that had already cleared and am seeing myself on the website upgrade list for the one other segment that is waitlisted. However, the first segment upgrade list does not include me.

Another phone agent reiterates its under airport control at this time, and says my upgrade is applied to the watilist despite it not appearing as such when compared to the other waitlisted segment.

It seems like everything is pointing towards me being on the list, except the actual list.....
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I had a similar experience once. AFAIK, if you don't see yourself on the list then you arent on the list. When you look at your reservation, does it say "upgrade requested"? Sometimes it can take a while for you to appear though. Usually it is instant but once it a while it doesnt show up for a few hours.

If R>0, you should be able to call in and have them clear you. Ignore the T-24 thing

If R=0 it may not make a difference and you might as well just wait til you get to the airport and have them add you.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; UA 1K

I had that happen last Saturday HNL-ORD, applied 2 RPUs for my son and I but did not apply one for my wife. My son and I were on a split PNR from a successful upgrade on the outbound; wife was on different PNR altogether. Got the T-24 email, we all checked in .... And wife goes on upgrade list at no. 9 while son and I are not on the list at all. I called and the agent was surly and obnoxious about it -- said we were on the list and when I asked why it wasn't showing up she just repeated "you're on the list". Finally I said "great, what number are we on the list?" She sighed and hung up on me (I wasn't raising my voice or being confrontational at all, just asked the question a second time when she didn't answer it). When I got to the gate the agent said "you aren't on the list, you're the second person I've talked to who said that." By then 1st was fully checked in but it was clear the system remains broken.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Had this happen for the first time today.. RPU applied for 995 tonight SFO-ORD. Not on upgrade list, boarding pass has "Upgrade requested"

Tried calling 1K line got the same "You will need to ask a gate agent"
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ok.. United club helper said she could not see the RPU applied.. Re-applied and now I am on the list.. at 10th as a 1K with RPU! Wow.. lots of Y/B/Ms on this flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.