FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Air Dolomiti award/mileage/seating questions & issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1456735-air-dolomiti-award-mileage-seating-questions-issues.html)

zrand007 Dec 20, 2015 5:58 pm

PQMs from End-of-Year Partner Flight

I have a MUC-VCE flight on Air Dolomiti on 12/30. I purchased the ticket from United so it's 016.

Meanwhile, I need to transfer Flex PQMs in order to maintain Platinum status for 2016.

Question: should I count on the EN PQMs to credit, or should I spend the extra 500 Flex PQMs before new year to ensure Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

TomMM Dec 20, 2015 6:36 pm

If you purchased a fare class eligible for PQMs they will be credited based on the date of the flight, not when processed by UA.

Xyzzy Dec 22, 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by zrand007 (Post 25894487)
I have a MUC-VCE flight on Air Dolomiti on 12/30. I purchased the ticket from United so it's 016.

Meanwhile, I need to transfer Flex PQMs in order to maintain Platinum status for 2016.

Question: should I count on the EN PQMs to credit, or should I spend the extra 500 Flex PQMs before new year to ensure Platinum?

Thanks in advance.

I don;t think you need to rush. First, PQM are applied as of the date of the flight (as the previous post states). Furthermore, in the past, flex PQM could be applied to the prior year's PQM total for some period of time into the new year. So, even without that flight you'll be able t:) apply some and requalify.

flymexico2010 Mar 9, 2016 2:33 am

Air Dolomiti flight

Without even noticing I flew an EN air Dolomiti flight in K fare but LH flight number.
I know that LH K class do not credit nothing into MP but what about this EN operated flight?
Any experience here? Ua says even k fare en EN earns miles.
Thanks

flymexico2010 Mar 28, 2016 12:56 pm

I thought I will ask it again here, as the mileage request did not go through due to the fact that even if it is a LH ticket and LH number, the flight was operated by Air Dolomiti.

Do these flights have some special treatment?
Usually the operating carrier is the one that gives the miles crediting rules.
Any idea?

Thanks

transportprof Mar 28, 2016 2:29 pm

I received full credit for my flight which was ticketed on 016 stock and marketed as a LH code share.

flymexico2010 Mar 28, 2016 2:38 pm

How did you submit it?

I have 220 LH ticket and also LH flight number.

Thanks

transportprof Mar 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010 (Post 26400041)
How did you submit it?

I have 220 LH ticket and also LH flight number.

Thanks

I never submitted anything, it was credited automatically, since it was plated on 016 stock.

If it hasn't shown up more than 14 days after travel, you need to go to the Mileage Plus section of the United web site and file an on-line claim for missing mileage credit.

gusd Mar 28, 2016 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010 (Post 26399857)
I thought I will ask it again here, as the mileage request did not go through due to the fact that even if it is a LH ticket and LH number, the flight was operated by Air Dolomiti.

Do these flights have some special treatment?
Usually the operating carrier is the one that gives the miles crediting rules.
Any idea?

Thanks

Try to submit the request with the EN flight number. Codeshares can mess up requests. There are reports on the forum about flights on LH metal not going through when submitted with the UA codeshare flight number but going through with the LH flight number even if booked as a codeshare. The same may be happening with EN.

flugvergnugen Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am

Hi all - any recent experiences with EN and UA MP? Considering a stand-alone EN ticket Germany-Italy, fare basis P ("Emotion" as EN calls it), which according to UA's page on EN should accrue miles. However, there is a disclaimer on the EN site saying that "this fare will not accrue miles" (it says that about ALL fares). Fare rules don't reveal anything I can see.