FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Air Dolomiti award/mileage/seating questions & issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1456735-air-dolomiti-award-mileage-seating-questions-issues.html)

WineCountryUA Mar 1, 2015 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 24436295)
... Has anyone been able to use *G lounge access when transiting MUC to an EN flight recently?

Partner flight have not in the past qualified for *A lounge access (when departing *A BP is required).

transportprof Mar 2, 2015 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 24438241)
Partner flight have not in the past qualified for *A lounge access (when departing *A BP is required).

I'll have to wait until the summer to report back, but I will try.

The UA booking I made shows a LH flight #, but then 'Operated by Air Dolomiti'. If I can get a boarding pass from UA or LH, we'll see whether that works, or not.

JVPhoto Mar 4, 2015 5:23 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 24441981)
I'll have to wait until the summer to report back, but I will try.

The UA booking I made shows a LH flight #, but then 'Operated by Air Dolomiti'. If I can get a boarding pass from UA or LH, we'll see whether that works, or not.

In *A the operating carrier not the marketing carrier is what matters so I think your point is moot.

windhund Apr 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Last year, I was able to get into an LH lounge at MUC with an Air Dolomiti BP. The machine said "Access Denied" when she scanned the BP, but it looks like she did some additional processing to make it go through.

So you can smile and give it a try.

transportprof Apr 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by windhund (Post 24651402)
Last year, I was able to get into an LH lounge at MUC with an Air Dolomiti BP. The machine said "Access Denied" when she scanned the BP, but it looks like she did some additional processing to make it go through.

So you can smile and give it a try.

I'll definitely try, and will report back later during the summer, unless somebody else beats me to it.

dmkorten Apr 11, 2015 3:16 pm

While not Air Dolomiti, I have similar issues with flights on Luxair from FRA to LUX. While Lufthansa code shares and sells those flights (and even owns part of Luxair), since Luxair is not in *A, I usually do not get club access when connecting from the US because my onward flight is not on an *A airline. On a few occasions I have been let into the lounge in those situations, but it was definitely rare.

windhund Apr 19, 2015 2:55 pm

UA / Air Dolomiti Booking

I searched on Google and here but couldn't find an answer to this specific situation:

On an upcoming trip, for the return leg, I have an Air Dolomiti flight connecting to a UA flight in MUC. In the past, when I booked an itinerary with UA and Air Dolomiti, there was a link on united.com when viewing my reservation that would show me my Air Dolomiti confirmation number.

With this upcoming trip, I don't see a link with the confirmation number, nor does United show a seat assignment for the Air Dolomiti flight. In my experience, it's typical for united.com to not show seat assignments for flights on other *A airlines, but I've always access to the confirmation number on the other airlines on the itinerary.

Does united.com no longer show partner airline confirmation numbers, or could something not have booked correctly? Wondering if others have had similar experiences recently.

DLVXB6UA Apr 19, 2015 3:01 pm

The site doesn't show ALL partner PNRs, TG being a prime example.

uthornsgo Apr 19, 2015 6:14 pm

I still see partner numbers on my records. I would call and make sure all is well and get confirmation from the agent.

moops380 Jul 3, 2015 12:57 am

So even though UA now is partners with EN, I don't see any EN flights available for mileageplus award redemptions, can these be booked by phone? Are they releasing any seats? Where is best to search if so? 2 Years ago all the space was online, but I guess that was before all this restructuring.

augias84 Jul 3, 2015 3:23 am

I have in the past booked award tickets for Air Dolomiti flights - MUC-PiSA specifically. I have never had Air Dolomiti confirmation codes, only Lufthansa ones when viewing my itinerary on united.com I think as far as the UA system is concerned, it is a Lufthansa flight?
I know you can also book directly on the air dolomiti website, or on the LH website.
I'm sorry if this info is outdated, the last time I flew them was december 2013.
It's a great airline since they got some newer planes. They used to fly turboprops which were quite unpleasant. The service is excellent.

transportprof Jul 3, 2015 8:03 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 24651466)
I'll definitely try, and will report back later during the summer, unless somebody else beats me to it.

I promised to report on my access to the Senator Lounge in MUC on a UA - Air Dolomiti connection. I was admitted to the Senator Lounge without a problem. The agent scanned my boarding pass and let me right in!

Concerto Sep 23, 2015 4:41 am

Interesting thread, this one. Somehow it had passed me by all this time so it is nice to make a discovery. Back in the old days, about 5 or so years ago, Air Dolomiti flights always had the LH code, never their own code. There was one exception, however, and that was the Verona-Vienna route which had the EN code, as well as an OS codeshare number. For some reason, that route no longer exists.

I am curious now: can you UA fliers actually get mileage for EN coded flights these days? Because those of us at M&M can no longer collect miles on EN coded flights sold on Air Dolomiti's website. I am referring to the fare classes which have funny names such as Emotion etc. But I have not yet determined if you can get miles for EN coded flights if bought through another channel, for example, connecting to a long haul flight. Or maybe through expedia or some such. Apparently you can get miles if you are booked on an LH number if on Air Dolomiti. That kind of goes against the usual logic (if you could call it that) of the operating carrier determining the mileage accrual.

windhund Sep 23, 2015 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Concerto (Post 25466181)
I am curious now: can you UA fliers actually get mileage for EN coded flights these days? Because those of us at M&M can no longer collect miles on EN coded flights sold on Air Dolomiti's website. I am referring to the fare classes which have funny names such as Emotion etc. But I have not yet determined if you can get miles for EN coded flights if bought through another channel, for example, connecting to a long haul flight. Or maybe through expedia or some such. Apparently you can get miles if you are booked on an LH number if on Air Dolomiti. That kind of goes against the usual logic (if you could call it that) of the operating carrier determining the mileage accrual.

I have gotten credit for an EN flight booked on UA ticket stock (as a connecting flight to a long haul) earlier this year. I had to request the credit though. Had another one last year where I didn't get credit either; forgot to request credit for that one.

I believe according to UA's website, many EN flights are eligible for earnings on MP.

moops380 Sep 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Wish I could still redeem UA miles for this. If there are any A* miles that can be used effectively to book on EN someone please let me know. EN has convenient connections to BRI, while the only [other?] daily *A is from istanbul and does not work for a return to North america without crazy layover.