Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UnitedClub Member Access to AS Board Rooms in ANC (Allowed) & PDX (No Longer Allowed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Just to confirm, United Club members do still have access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room at ANC. In fact, there are two ways you can access this lounge:

• Valid United Club membership card and a ticket for same-day travel on United or Alaska
  • Boarding pass for a same-day segment in United Global First or United BusinessFirst (i.e. if you’re flying UA from ANC to one of our international gateways, and then picking up a Global First / BusinessFirst flight from there)

Although we do still have an agreement with AS for ANC, there is no longer reciprocal access at PDX, which as you all know has a United Club already.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Print Wikipost

UnitedClub Member Access to AS Board Rooms in ANC (Allowed) & PDX (No Longer Allowed)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2013, 7:08 am
Formerly known as mmihalik
Original Poster

As of March 1, 2013, United Club members no longer have access to the Alaska Airlines Boardroom in PDX.

The agent inside the Boardroom explained that United no longer reimbursed Alaska for access.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 12:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mmihalik
As of March 1, 2013, United Club members no longer have access to the Alaska Airlines Boardroom in PDX.

The agent inside the Boardroom explained that United no longer reimbursed Alaska for access.
always have been surprised this option even existed when UA has a PDX UC lounge. Believe this was a PMCO leftover, so it was just a matter of time.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
always have been surprised this option even existed when UA has a PDX UC lounge. Believe this was a PMCO leftover, so it was just a matter of time.
Agreed. I went to the Boardroom the last time I was in PDX...it wasn't much to write home about, I think the UC is nicer & a tad more spacious. Plus, the vaunted pancake machine was broken so that was a bummer
Old Apr 7, 2013, 2:03 pm
Formerly known as mmihalik
Original Poster

Alaska Boardroom members were granted access in a few airports where United had clubs but Alaska did not.

Reciprocal privileges were a good thing.

As for me, a long distance to the UC when flying Alaska.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Thumbs down Looks like Board Room access for ANC is gone, too.

ANC never showed on .bomb but the Board Room used to be listed at mobile.united.com and on the app... Now searches on both result in a message saying that there aren't any clubs available in ANC.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I am pleased to report I had no problem accessing the Board Room in ANC last night. Same procedure as I always remember--hand over membership card and verbally give the UA flight I'm traveling on. The midnight guac was appreciated.

Of course when I asked in DEN if they knew anything about access I was looked at like I had ten heads. Humorously, the agent went to ua.com and tried asking Alex about ANC lounges!
Old May 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any update on this? I have a 4 hour layover this wknd.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Still granted at ANC.

Originally Posted by chavala
Access still granted at ANC as of 5/3/13. Show your UC card and boarding pass of the UA flight. The agents take some time as they need to document your information for reimbursement from UA. Enjoy the starbucks and guacamole.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Halo117
Access still granted at ANC as of 5/3/13. Show your UC card and boarding pass of the UA flight. The agents take some time as they need to document your information for reimbursement from UA. Enjoy the starbucks and guacamole.
Ah, that's what the previous poster meant by "guac". I thought it was another mysterious FT acronym!
Thx
Old May 9, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Well -- good thing I have a Priority Pass then instead of a UC membership
Old May 9, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Definitely was PMCO. I asked a PMUA agent about clubs at ANC and he had no idea. There used to be a sign in hallway near entrance at ANC Board Room that had Continental PC listed as being eligible for entry, but I have not visited post 3/3/12. Sure hope UA retains access, because club privileges at ANC are very much needed, and Alaska Airlines folk are absolutely wonderful.
As long as below is in effect, maybe we can continue with ANC Board Room.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
United Club
Board Room members must have a valid ticket for same day travel on Alaska Airlines.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by DCDreaming
Definitely was PMCO. I asked a PMUA agent about clubs at ANC and he had no idea. There used to be a sign in hallway near entrance at ANC Board Room that had Continental PC listed as being eligible for entry, but I have not visited post 3/3/12. Sure hope UA retains access, because club privileges at ANC are very much needed, and Alaska Airlines folk are absolutely wonderful.
As long as below is in effect, maybe we can continue with ANC Board Room.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
United Club
Board Room members must have a valid ticket for same day travel on Alaska Airlines.
There's a lot of big-money oil traffic on the ANC-IAH route. I would suspect AS makes a decent amount of revenue from UC reimbursements on this route (so they aren't chomping at the bit to cancel the agreement), and some of the petroleum industry corporate accounts might not be too happy with UA if access to the only club in ANC were yanked.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:34 am

I'm beginning to wonder if the OP just got a cranky agent that day? Was anyone else turned away? I was last there 10/12 and the sign was still outside (in fact I think it still said CO)
Old May 10, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Originally Posted by chavala
FT is the land of unsolicited advice... pending the weather (which has been spectacular there of late), hop on the MAX and head downtown, even if just for an hour. PDX isn`t the worst place to have a four hour layover, but that is still a long one. I would at least go landside for the bigger variety of stores (Powell`s!) and food.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:28 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Allowed 6/12/13

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.