Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TOD offered at ticket purchase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The term upgrade seems to be misleading, as this really is an upsell to a business?first fare. But by calling it an upgrade, it might lead some folks into thinking this is somewhat a more economical way than an outright premium fare.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cesco.g
The term upgrade seems to be misleading, as this really is an upsell to a business?first fare. But by calling it an upgrade, it might lead some folks into thinking this is somewhat a more economical way than an outright premium fare.
I have seen a variant on this behavior that worked in my favor for a domestic fare. I used advance search to obtain an M fare, selected flights with 1K automatic upgrade, but noticed that they were subject to $150 penalties if changes were to be made more than 24 hours after ticketing. WHen I went to purchase the fare it gave me the option to go from the M fare to a "changeable" fare that was $60 more expensive. I selected that option and it placed me into F with a completely changeable ticket. In this case the M fare plus the $60 was the same price as an F fare but the point is unless I had also priced an F fare I would never have known about this option which in this case was worthwhile. Plus of course I get extra PQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.