Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name on International Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I just looked back at about a dozen eTickets from UA several other airlines and in every case it is printed in the format you show above - DOE/JOHNMR, or with a middle initial or name (for some of the newer ones): DOE/JOHNBMR or DOE/JOHNBOBMR. That doesn't mean the MR part is appended to that field, it just means it's printed that way. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with this at all.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Originally Posted by njcommodore
The general OLCI issue isn't related to the name/spelling issues, it has to do with the frequency of the passport being scanned. And on the rare times I have to use a kiosk (or my wife) it hasn't ever been an issue. YMMV.
Well, for what it's worth, I never had the OLCI or Kiosk problem prior to the change in January. Since then, I have been universally unable to check in for an Int'l itin without an agent. I've been told that it's because of the name issue. (I have two middle names -- My name is the same everywhere, but the gov't, in its infinite wisdom, printed one representation on my Global Entry card, and a different representation on my passport. UA's new inability to select an "identity" per-itinerary now means I'm damned either way, with no fix in sight...)
Old Apr 19, 2013, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Darlox
Well, for what it's worth, I never had the OLCI or Kiosk problem prior to the change in January. Since then, I have been universally unable to check in for an Int'l itin without an agent. I've been told that it's because of the name issue. (I have two middle names -- My name is the same everywhere, but the gov't, in its infinite wisdom, printed one representation on my Global Entry card, and a different representation on my passport. UA's new inability to select an "identity" per-itinerary now means I'm damned either way, with no fix in sight...)
But at least you seem to be able to get on the plane. I guess I will risk it, as my only issue is that my Passport first name is Maxim. But on the ticket it just has LASTNAME/MAXMR. I would be worried less, but part of the itinerary (booked by united) is LOT. And when I log into their (LOT) website, they actually show my First name is Maxmr.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards,many FF programs
Name Discrepancy on tix

In the past when I booked domestic flights, the tickets always came through with my first name, followed by my middle initial, even though my ID shows a middle name. I have never had a problem.
This time I booked an International award ticket by phone as two one ways (TPA-SIN and SIN-TPA)at different times. Most of the flights will be on partner airlines.
The TPA-SIN came through as first name followed by middle name and the SIN-TPA came through as first name followed by middle initial.
I called United and the agent said she could not rebook the return as the partner airline no longer showed a seat. She said she would put a notation in the file and I "should bring extra ID."
I am uneasy about this my return is on Singapore Airlines, rather than United.
Do I need to be concerned and if so, how do I solve this mess?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by clarelouise44
In the past when I booked domestic flights, the tickets always came through with my first name, followed by my middle initial, even though my ID shows a middle name. I have never had a problem.
This time I booked an International award ticket by phone as two one ways (TPA-SIN and SIN-TPA)at different times. Most of the flights will be on partner airlines.
The TPA-SIN came through as first name followed by middle name and the SIN-TPA came through as first name followed by middle initial.
I called United and the agent said she could not rebook the return as the partner airline no longer showed a seat. She said she would put a notation in the file and I "should bring extra ID."
I am uneasy about this my return is on Singapore Airlines, rather than United.
Do I need to be concerned and if so, how do I solve this mess?
Absolutely no issue with this - there is no mess you need to solve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.