Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My E+ seat unavailable when boarding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver
In all fairness, last year on a US air flight the top panel fell down on me and the guy next to me - not hard, but still... We pinged the flight attendant who said "oh yes, this happens all the time - can you just push it back up and if it doesn't work just hold it" - on a flight with 3 hours left in the air from LAS - PHI - so I guess it is all relative
Old Mar 12, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K
This happened to me yesterday. Had seat 20F reserved. The A320 became an A319 where seat 20F does not exist. I had no trouble boarding the plane, no alarms went off, but obviously had to be reaccomodated on board as did the occupant of seat 20A.

I managed to get an E+ middle, which was tolerable given the circumstances, but it was a 5 hour flight.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:41 am

What would happen if an E+ seat were purchased, on boarding the seat was "out of order" and there were no other E+ seats available?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by TJR9999
What would happen if an E+ seat were purchased, on boarding the seat was "out of order" and there were no other E+ seats available?

Refund
Old Mar 15, 2013, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

To follow up, just got this message from United Customer Care dept.

Thank you for contacting us at United Airlines Customer Care Department.

I am very sorry to learn of all the difficulties you encountered on your travel. Please understand that we work hard to minimize flight problems. We realize that irregularities of any kind cause major inconveniences for our customers, and I certainly do not question your frustration.

A travel certificate is being processed for you.

We are building an airline that will earn your confidence and approval, and we look forward to welcoming you on board your next United Airlines flight.

Will follow up with an exact amount when it has been processed.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
In 2010 when I was on a segment run to requal silver, I flew into BUF on a 320 and turned with the aircraft. Upon landing the oxygen mask and cover plate came undone. On the turn they just taped over the seats and marked them out of order, this was 2 F seats, I was already upgraded both ways so I am not sure if they downgraded the people or not.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Just FYI - got a $75 voucher last week in the mail. Happy to see United stepping up.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
I think if I see one of those signs while I'm walking down the aisle I'm going to grab it and put it on the seat next to mine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.