Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How many people do you see upgrade to E+ on board?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many people do you see upgrade to E+ on board?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by drewguy
Originally Posted by glasnost7
What does it matter? Though I imagine they might've been displeased, that was her assigned seat. In actual fact, they were a couple who left the middle seat open between them (I recognized them from the outbound flight) and that's always a gamble.

(*FWIW, they were seated in 21 A&C.)
Because it's zero-sum, and the person could just as easily have been assigned to 21E instead of 21B. In other words, while you have the right to be entitled to the win on the coin flip it's really not upholding any principle beyond that.
But they weren't, that's the point. I'm not a martyr and not interested in experiencing discomfort when I don't have to just so someone else I don't know can have a better flight. Taking your argument to the extreme, I should donate all of my money to Oxfam because, by toss of the coin, I wasn't born poor.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by glasnost7
Man, I love that tool and it updates practically in real-time. Most recently a deadheading FA and I had someone in the middle seat between us for a 5+ hour flight. I checked the app and saw that the pax should've been in 21B, not 21E. I politely mentioned it to the pax, who has happy to move. The FA was fairly grateful.
Had the opposite of that a few weeks ago on LHR-IAD (new config 777). I was in 26A. Seat map showed 26B occupied, and 24B empty - but there was someone in 24B and nobody in 26B, so I can only presume he got the wrong row.

Myself and the gentleman in 26C both decided it would be better not to point out his error...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Hey, that's what happens when 24 A and C aren't hip to the United app (or don't have data roaming in the UK). Sometimes we get lucky, others not. It's also a good tool for making sure that you don't have a poacher when you should have an empty middle seat. But surely you wouldn't have had a hissy fit if 24A/C had pointed this out to 24B.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: United
I thought OP was asking about people paying for E+ upgrades onboard. I have heard announcements by the pilots about E+ being available but have not seen anyone actually took out a credit card and buy those seats. i have seen plenty of people "upgrading" themselves after the flight takes off though. on UA flights, its not a big difference, but on NH, E+ is much better and cost almost 2X the price of E-.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.