Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many miles is an RPU worth?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 5:25 am

Depends on Opportunity cost of RPUs

The big question for me is how likely are you to use the RPU.

In my case I fly primarily international in paid business. Neither my wife nor I fly much domestically. As a result I struggle to use my RPUs. I will use them ANYWHERE and ANYTIME I can (most frequent use is SFO-SAN). I know that seems like a huge waste - but it's better than losing them. So for me, an RPU is worth about 5K miles...I give them to friends whenever they ask me too...(pro tip, find senior people in your company with travel patterns like mine and score lots of free upgrades).

But it wasn't always this way. In my last job I flew mainly domestic and often to EWR. At that time an RPU would have been worth north of 20K because I could use it to get some sleep on a redeye.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.