Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

NH award F inventory is the same as award C?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Got given what I believe was the run-around by UA agents today when the computer wouldn't price my mini-RTW itin, but this is one I hadn't heard before so wanted to confirm with FT before I play a little agent roulette to get what I want.

On ANA tool flight NH1009 shows two award seats available, 1 in F and 1 in C; I tried to book them both (on separate PNRs), and the UA agents are claiming that these are actually 1 seat in worth of inventory, just released in two different buckets simultaneously. Can anyone confirm this is legitimate?

For those curious my routing is:

JFK-NRT NH 1F 1C
(stopover)
NRT-BKK-USM TG 1F 1C
(destination)
USM-BKK-FRA-JFK (TG/TG/UA) all C
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
....On ANA tool flight NH1009 shows two award seats available, 1 in F and 1 in C; I tried to book them both (on separate PNRs), and the UA agents are claiming that these are actually 1 seat in worth of inventory, just released in two different buckets simultaneously....
Call back, either you will get a more knowledge phone agent or his/her weed will wear off.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
O and I should be entirely different inventory and I see different award availability more often than not.
Since you have to book in two separate PNRs anyway, why don't you book one of them first and try to book another one soon after (within 24 hours)? If the second one doesn't go through, you can cancel the first one without penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.