Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IRROPS policies for UA customers: 2013 and beyond.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPS policies for UA customers: 2013 and beyond.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Hotels are still provided for 1Ks who misconnect for any reason including weather, crew delay, late arrival, etc.

I got a hotel in DEN in May on an award ticket SEA-DEN-xxx. SEA-DEN was over 2 hours late due to a late arriving aircraft from ORD (which was late due to crew availability). Arrived in DEN to find my connection departed. Lots of folks late into Denver that night for some reason so both customer service lines were ridiculously packed. I went downstairs to the check-in area and found an agent who was working there and could help me. Asked for a rebook to the next day and a hotel. After the rhetorical, "Do we still provide hotel rooms in these situations?," she said yes and gladly sent me on my way. She apologized profusely they had to send me to a hotel on I-25 instead of next to the airport. No biggie to me.

-RM
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Ground Transportation?

All flights cancelled out of PWM due to low cloud cover. BOS origination was the only alternative. I paid $28 for bus fare to get to Logan. Has any 1K or GS member gotten reimbursed for a forced surface sector account weather in the last two years?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by Explore
All flights cancelled out of PWM due to low cloud cover. BOS origination was the only alternative. I paid $28 for bus fare to get to Logan. Has any 1K or GS member gotten reimbursed for a forced surface sector account weather in the last two years?
Yes, from EWR. Weather timed crew out and I surface travelled rather than spend the night in NYC.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Yes, from EWR. Weather timed crew out and I surface travelled rather than spend the night in NYC.
On United's dime? I've heard that in some cases, GS members get up to $250 for surface transportation and 1Ks $100.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
Originally Posted by PBAudit
About a month ago, I was connecting MUC/ORD/IAH/SJC in Paid First (P class). In ORD, there was some weather, and we were help up for about 1 hour (to allow a family to make their Bogata flight). By the time we arrived in IAH, my 9:30 pm IAH-SJC flight had already departed.

I went to the Terminal E United Club to get rebooked for a flight the next day. The agent provided a hotel and 2 meal vouchers. I asked if I received the vouchers because I was in paid First or if it was because I was on an international itinerary. She told me that I received a hotel since I was a 1k.

I mentioned that I thought the hotel for 1k policy was no longer in force. She said as far as she knew, 1k's will get a hotel for any misconnections. And that she has been providing hotels since the merger with CO (i.e. picked up United's policy).

Also another passenger who was a Star Gold also received a hotel due to an international misconnection.

I've read other posts that hotels for 1ks was problematic. Hopefully the IAH agent is correct, that 1ks are still provided hotels if misconnecting (last flight of the day).
All star gold gets hotels whether ua and gold and higher.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jfk747
All star gold gets hotels whether ua and gold and higher.
In what universe?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
In what universe?
Likely in the universe of international itineraries.

At least that *used* to be the answer for pmUA. I have no knowledge of what current things are like, so the above is a likely superset.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.