Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unauthorized flight reservation change made by someone else

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unauthorized flight reservation change made by someone else

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: United Platinum, Chase Presidential Plus
A few weeks ago, I boarded a US flight and realized I was going to miss my connection. So I texted my spouse my confirmation number (just before the doors closed) and asked him to rebook me. I never would have realized that my spouse could change my flights for me had I not read this thread. Thanks OP!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Call me a cynic.. but I can just see the posts on FT if some sort of passsword/passnumber system was universally implemented.

"They KNOW it's me (sure!) but they won't let me touch the booking because I lost the stupid pin number..."

OR

"My ex changed my booking (with my pin number) and it's all the airlines fault.. why did they let him/her do it???"

You know it would happen....
You are a cynic, and a false prophet. The thread would run...

My three digit PIN from p-CO never gave me a problem, but the UA four digit PIN is too hard for me to remember - d***** Smisek.... no wonder people are flocking from his airline....

(this is all TIC - no offense meant)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
This is exactly why I don't throw anything out until my trip is over. I can't believe how many people leave their boarding passes in the seat pocket.
The reason I don't throw anything is I need to make sure my miles credit first (which is quite hit and miss).
Old Jan 29, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,Bonvoy Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by silviar
i booked 2 tickets on united with 140k miles, and while in the middle of the trip, someone who was not the passengers (who are 18 years old) nor myself who made the reservation, changed the flight reservation to cut the trip short without permission from the passengers or myself.

This is a fraudulent change and I would like some reimbursement from United for allowing fradulent activity. has anyone experienced anything like this?

any suggestions? thanks.
same thing happened to me with LH, and despite my being absolutely LIVID they just shrugged and told me it was tough luck.

I have not forgiven them.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
After reading this thread and a few others over at Boarding Area, I'm pretty shocked by how easy it is to change tickets. I realize that I'm never really asked any security questions when I call in, other than my FF number.

I sympathize with the OP, however, I don't think he's due any compensation. I do think, however, that if someone's flight is changed without authorization that the airlines should be pretty prompt in changing it back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.