Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines- 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on United Airlines- 2013

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Joe and Theresa Guidice EWR BUF on 4214.

Saw them deplaning in BUF.

Asked the FA after I boarded the return to EWR today, and said "they dont' qualify as a celebrity sighting". I laughed.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Sat and talked with former Governor Pataki ALB-IAD. Very different persona than the media image, meant positively.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 1, 2013 at 5:23 am Reason: response to deleted post
Old Dec 1, 2013, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Actor Delroy Lindo is on my SFO-EWR flight today; upgraded using instruments or via UDU.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 2, 2013 at 5:12 am
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Yay, my first post here!

Just went through IAD pre-check with Herbie Hancock! He was in town for Kennedy Center Honors. Way cool!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Sat next to Neil Sedaka on Dec 13 Flt 703. We chatted for about an hour at the start, then watched our movies, and chatted a bit at the end.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS
Bono

Sat 1 row in front of Bono last Sunday from JFK to JNB on SAA (UA codeshare). He was headed there for the Mandela ceremonies. Boarded last and couldn't have been nicer to everyone. Took pics with the cabin crew in the galley at the end of the flight.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Robert Knepper (T-Bag from Prison Break) was at the way back of coach on a flight from LAX to EWR few months back. He looks just as creepy in real life, excited to see him in Hunger Games...
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Walked through T7 security @ LAX last week with Turtleman from Animal planets "call of the wild man". It was the morning after his Tonight show appearance. He headed to a flight in T6 with his agent.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 12:56 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Kanye West was in the GF cabin with my wife and I Munich-ORD, presumably coming home from his Africa adventures, where he made such statements as proclaiming that he was going to be the next Nelson Mandela.

Did not recognize him (and glad we didn't) during the flight, but as we disembarked, one of the guys lined up to take the wheelchair pax shouted "KANYE!", then the connection was drawn.

He had no carry-on bags, and was not waiting in baggage claim--he was gone by the time we'd walked from the gate to Customs (we got hung up by the GF rep who gave us our new boarding passes as we were late)...I assume that someone from UA was getting his bags, as your in the secure area when claiming bags off an international flight. Is that a thing for all GS members, or something only afforded to the 'VIPs'?

The oddest thing was that one couldn't help but notice when he was sleeping, he was sucking his thumb...Yes, like a baby. It was really weird.

I figured that someone with his net worth and amount of publicity genrated would fly private. I doubt he was burning SWUs on that flight and sweating a gate upgrade.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
The Blind Boys of Alabama were on my flight SFO-SEA on Monday. They boarded late and had a couple of assistants carrying guitars. They performed on Tuesday at Benaroya Hall in SEA.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Kanye West was in the GF cabin with my wife and I Munich-ORD, presumably coming home from his Africa adventures, where he made such statements as proclaiming that he was going to be the next Nelson Mandela.

Did not recognize him (and glad we didn't) during the flight, but as we disembarked, one of the guys lined up to take the wheelchair pax shouted "KANYE!", then the connection was drawn.

He had no carry-on bags, and was not waiting in baggage claim--he was gone by the time we'd walked from the gate to Customs (we got hung up by the GF rep who gave us our new boarding passes as we were late)...I assume that someone from UA was getting his bags, as your in the secure area when claiming bags off an international flight. Is that a thing for all GS members, or something only afforded to the 'VIPs'?

The oddest thing was that one couldn't help but notice when he was sleeping, he was sucking his thumb...Yes, like a baby. It was really weird.

I figured that someone with his net worth and amount of publicity genrated would fly private. I doubt he was burning SWUs on that flight and sweating a gate upgrade.

No pics? TMZ would have paid for those tickets of yours with the severance. Probably to naive of a pax judging on your post.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Penn gillette

IAH-EWR. Talked a little before take off and after landing.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by cruisr
IAH-EWR. Talked a little before take off and after landing.
Penn & Teller performed at Tony Buzbee's Holiday party in Houston.

(Tony Buzbee -> very wealthy trial attorney)
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, United Presidential Plus, Hertz President's Club, Hyatt Platinum
12/13/13 ORD-LGA R. Lee Ermey was across the aisle from me.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:58 pm

Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner

Saw Johnny Galecki (Leonard on "The Big Bang Theory") and his girlfriend Kelli Garner (from the short-lived ABC drama "Pan Am") deplaning at ORD today, off a flight from LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.