Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Anyone on a recent 3pm EWR-LAX with know what they were serving?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Flew EWR to HNL in F a couple of days ago. The website shows lunch being served in F, yet they served breakfast after we left EWR at 9.30am and then a snack (cheeseburger) prior to landing in HNL. Having just flown from MCO to EWR to catch the HNL flight where they served breakfast on the MCO flight, two UA breakfasts in morning is just too much.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Flew EWR to HNL in F a couple of days ago. The website shows lunch being served in F, yet they served breakfast after we left EWR at 9.30am and then a snack (cheeseburger) prior to landing in HNL. Having just flown from MCO to EWR to catch the HNL flight where they served breakfast on the MCO flight, two UA breakfasts in morning is just too much.
Seriously? This is supposed to be a Lunch flight and the website says so. I would write an email
Old Nov 16, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
Flew EWR to HNL in F a couple of days ago. The website shows lunch being served in F, yet they served breakfast after we left EWR at 9.30am and then a snack (cheeseburger) prior to landing in HNL.
Cheezboorger is a lunch entree on United. Sometimes it's even a dinner menu item. Sounds like you got two hot meals in one flight, which is pretty good by domestic catering standards, such as they are these days.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Flew F UA 1431 tonight FLL-CLE Dinner, soup and chicken salad, or cheeseburger, no desert of any kind on the I figured they would bring something latter, sure enough she brought around a fresh baked cookie which were pretty good.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Anyone on a recent 3pm EWR-LAX with know what they were serving?
It was Dinner. Appetizer was 2 big shrimps with cocktail sauce, choice of Short Rib, Tamale Chicken or Raviolis then sundae after. Same as a PS flight.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Great thanks, I love the tamale stuffed chicken with yucca!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
"Dinner Service" on UVF - EWR

I returned from St. Lucia yesterday (Saturday, 11/16) in paid Business Class on United 1643 UVF - EWR, 3:38 PM departure. The flight was marked as a dinner service. When the flight attendant came around to ask for our selections, she apologized and said that it looks like the flight was catered as a "snack" service. She told us to write into United, but before I do so I thought that I would solicit some feedback from the FlyerTalk community. I attached a picture, so please let me know what you think. If this is the dinner service of the new United, I think I'll save my money and forgo the extra expensive of First/Business class. Thanks for your feedback.

Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by troygorczyca
I returned from St. Lucia yesterday (Saturday, 11/16) in paid Business Class on United 1643 UVF - EWR, 3:38 PM departure. The flight was marked as a dinner service. When the flight attendant came around to ask for our selections, she apologized and said that it looks like the flight was catered as a "snack" service. She told us to write into United, but before I do so I thought that I would solicit some feedback from the FlyerTalk community. I attached a picture, so please let me know what you think. If this is the dinner service of the new United, I think I'll save my money and forgo the extra expensive of First/Business class. Thanks for your feedback.

These look like items one could pick out from a 7-Eleven. Perhaps UA doesn't have a catering station in St. Lucia. They may have had to ship this down from Newark, which could account for the rather sparse offerings.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Flew F UA 1431 tonight FLL-CLE Dinner, soup and chicken salad, or cheeseburger, no desert of any kind on the I figured they would bring something latter, sure enough she brought around a fresh baked cookie which were pretty good.
This was my lunch offering for LGA-ORD yesterday. Fine for lunch - but poor for a dinnertime 1,000 mile flight
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goldelite8
Perhaps UA doesn't have a catering station in St. Lucia. They may have had to ship this down from Newark, which could account for the rather sparse offerings.
I'm not buying that one. If they wanted to double cater a real meal at EWR, they could. They simply don't want to. As an example, AA has no catering in PIT, but double caters from DFW even LAX. From my recent PIT-LAX flight, this delicious meal had been on board for more than 7 hours before it was served.

Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm not buying that one. If they wanted to double cater a real meal at EWR, they could. They simply don't want to. As an example, AA has no catering in PIT, but double caters from DFW even LAX. From my recent PIT-LAX flight, this delicious meal had been on board for more than 7 hours before it was served.
i looked at your picture and was blown away by the double breast of chicken, and then I realized it was AA...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by troygorczyca
I highlighted some things.

Catering errors do happen, and since this is a 4+ hr flight I would assume a Dinner would be served (since it shows it as Dinner flight)

In your profile you show you are a 1K with UA, so you should be aware of miss catered flights, it does happen from time to time, and it can be a let down.

So being 1K with UA why did you purchase a FC ticket, why not use a SWU or miles?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by entropy
i looked at your picture and was blown away by the double breast of chicken, and then I realized it was AA...
I think you are referring to a 'whole' breast of chicken (in the pic), as opposed to a 'half' breast of same!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
lol!! Thanks for the quick response. "haute cuisine" love that
Dinner on ORD-SFO last week was the cheeseburger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.