Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Also, there is no mention of differences in Mainline/ United Express flights in your announcement. Does this mean that UAX flights are now aligned with mainline and will start to see real catering?
i wish. the reason LAX-SEA went UX is probably to cut the F meal and "align" with the marketplace.

all jokes aside...it's pathetic DL/AA can serve actual food on their express flight, where UA gives you the saltaholic snack boxes.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by haddon90
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Also, there is no mention of differences in Mainline/ United Express flights in your announcement. Does this mean that UAX flights are now aligned with mainline and will start to see real catering?
i wish. the reason LAX-SEA went UX is probably to cut the F meal and "align" with the marketplace.

all jokes aside...it's pathetic DL/AA can serve actual food on their express flight, where UA gives you the saltaholic snack boxes.
Exactly. The F customers on UX are given less food than the BOB folks in Y. The logic is mind bogglingas to why its so difficult for COdbaUa to be like everyone else and serve real food on these flights. Especially when they have less mainline than all their competitors
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Sorry, Aaron. A marketplace alignment would be serving portions that are comparable to everyone else,
Actually rotating the meals, and serving real food on UX routes. You're continuing to the bottom of the barrel. But other airlines have improved meal service.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SFO777
A "marketplace" that apparently does not include AA.
Or DL (at least IME)

Heck, why not just cut snack boxes out of UX while you're at it, since you can barely be bothered to even try to be competitive
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
WOW!

I don't think I have seen such a huge pork chop anywhere that compares to the one I had yesterday on the 1125 am PS flight from JFK to LAX. Hung over the plate and at least an inch and a half thick!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Karen2
I don't think I have seen such a huge pork chop anywhere that compares to the one I had yesterday on the 1125 am PS flight from JFK to LAX. Hung over the plate and at least an inch and a half thick!
Pic or it didn't happen.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
ord-tpa

As a segment flyer I rarely fly a flight with food offerings up front. Most of my flights are relegated to rj's. I'm headed to TPA tmrw for the weekend in F on a 7-5 Dino bird serving lunch. What should I expect? Hot and cold meal choice?

Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
Originally Posted by enviroian
As a segment flyer I rarely fly a flight with food offerings up front. Most of my flights are relegated to rj's. I'm headed to TPA tmrw for the weekend in F on a 7-5 Dino bird serving lunch. What should I expect? Hot and cold meal choice?

Thanks
Don't expect much. Usually a salad, wrap, or something similar. Plus some warm almonds & cashew "halves", and a nice cookie at the end.

This thread has a lot of details on the various domestic F meals:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
Pic or it didn't happen.
LOL

I and the pork chop earlier this week from JFK-LAX and it was tremendous.

At least UA does transcons right.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
LOL

I and the pork chop earlier this week from JFK-LAX and it was tremendous.

At least UA does transcons right.
Their PS transcons are obviously the best domestic service, but compared to DL BizElite or AA 3-class Biz/F, they are even below that.

Delta's domestic BizElite service, which apparently includes flights from NYC to SEA now, instead of just LAX/SFO is far above and beyond UA PS.

AA's service is more similar to UA's, but unlike UA they didn't take the cookie away, and they have a 3-class option. Extra nuts, larger portions, etc.

Sorry, but even in this case, UA is behind its competitors. Not to mention AA and DL don't restrict non-instrument supported upgrades for their elites.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 31, 2013 at 6:41 pm Reason: image removal
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Even the ports chop can be a hit or miss experience. There have been times when they were as tough as tyre rubbers (mostly on PMCO BF) and right tenderness on others (all on PMUA BF)
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:00 pm

It's been nothing but shrimp salad and beef chipotle wrap in domestic F for the past several months. The only unknown is the soup. Just the other day I lucked out and got the chicken gumbo. Good stuff.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Many of you have noticed this already, but effective Nov. 1, we are increasing the minimum flight length where we offer full meal service in North and Latin America leisure markets. Going forward, all flights 900 miles and above will have full meals at mealtimes, while flights between 220 and 899 miles will have warm scones at breakfast or a premium snack basket offered in the afternoon or evening. We do plan to have several 700-899 mile “carve-out” markets that retain full meal service at mealtimes. This is something we are indeed doing to offset rising costs and align ourselves with the marketplace.

These updates have started to flow throughout the system, but for the moment, they may display differently, depending on whether you are booking a new ticket or looking at your flight in My Reservations. We'll also take a look at areas where there appears to be a discrepancy in the meals displayed vs. offered.

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
That's pathetic YYC-DEN has always at least half paying F, 5 or more GS and it's really over 900 miles, but UA calls it 898 for a reason i guess.
I wish there would be another carrier.

What actually is customer experience planning? Not much of an experience recently.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
That's pathetic YYC-DEN .....and it's really over 900 miles, but UA calls it 898 for a reason i guess. ....
GCM reports YYC-DEN is 898 miles.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Whenever you are on a wifi plane on that route the landing webpage shows a planned flight length way beyond that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.