Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2013 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thead is ONLY for:
International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business Class
Domestic Business & First Class
International & Domestic Economy Class
This thread should have the International First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class meal information.

International is defined as flights to/from the USA (states and territories).

Please note that the following International destinations feature DOMESTIC meal service in Business and should be posted in the DOMESTIC thread.
Acapulco, Aguadilla, Antigua, Aruba, Belize City, Bermuda, Cancun, Cozumel, Freeport, Grand Cayman, Guadalajara, Guatemala City, Huatulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Leon, Liberia, Managua, Mazatlan, Mérida, Mexico City, Montego Bay, Nassau, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, San Jose del Cabo, San Juan, San Pedro Sula, San Salvador, Santo Domingo, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Tegucigalpa

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

For the curious folks, the 2012 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html

With that, Let's Eat 2013!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
reserved
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'll start it off!

AMS-EWR 1/1/13 UA71 Business First Lunch
Goat Cheese filled ravioli - the sauce was very watery, though the ravioli were ok.

Snack was a good chicken pita thing with cheese and peppers, served with fruit, a pico type salsa and some great chocolates.

Not a bad way to start out 2013.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 2P
This was from late December but I figure it's better to post in this thread than keep the old one active.

UA916 IAD-FRA BusinessFirst Dinner

Service from the FRA based crew was pleasant and attentive, if a bit cold.

Warm nuts prior to meal service:

First course was a chilled appetizer and field green salad that was decent, with a choice of bread roll.

The main course followed with three different choices.

I chose the salmon which was actually pretty good. It was a little on the dry side however.

To follow up, we then were served the cheese course and sundaes with a choice of toppings. I chose all except the nuts, it was very good ^

Then, prior to arrival, we were served the cheese and deli meat plate with a small fruit salad, yogurt, and choice of bread. I managed to snag one of the last cinnamon rolls

Overall, a pleasant ride in BusinessFirst!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
IAD/ORD/SFO-PEK, ORD/LAX/SFO-PVG 1 0f 2

BusinessFirst - January 2013

Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
IAD/ORD/SFO-PEK, ORD/LAX/SFO-PVG 2 0f 2

After having tasted congee prepared by the caterings at IAD/ORD/SFO/EWR/PVG/PEK, here are my rankings of congee:

Good: EWR, PVG and PEK
Average: SFO
Bad: IAD and ORD

I have not tried LAX prepared congee, but hope to fly the Dreamliner later this year from LAX to PVG and will sample its congee offering.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Any experiences with intl first vegan meals?

I am flying IAD-FRA in Fand would rather not have to bring food with me. I am a strict vegan. Has anyone had the vegan meal recently and if so how was it?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
A colleague ordered it recently and said it was basically a tray of vegetables that they didn't even attempt to turn into a true meal. Enjoy!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: Air Krapistan Poop Points "Scooper Level"
Oh well. I was hoping for something edidble. I guess I will have to buy some stuff on the way to the airport.

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by nydave11
I am flying IAD-FRA in Fand would rather not have to bring food with me. I am a strict vegan. Has anyone had the vegan meal recently and if so how was it?

Thanks in advance
I've often gotten some sort of couscous and vegetable barley mix. It's hit or miss, but more often than not, seems to be a step down from the standard meals. Wish they would put more time and consideration into the special meal offerings!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA GS
EWR to LHR yesterday BF

Salmon and haddock chilled app
Salad
Entree selection was;
Beef tenderloin or Turbot or chicken stuffed with Spanish rice or Pasta dish

Deserts were sundae or cheese selection

Overall the chilled app was good, I had the beef it was beyond we'll done and inedible pax next to me had the pasta which looked good
Old Jan 5, 2013, 6:01 pm

Any change to the meals for nrt-sin-nrt flights after switching to PMCO 777?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by nydave11

Thanks in advance
Took grand daughter on trip in DEC., ORD-CDG, BF: Meal was terrible and basically an India/eastern meal, not something that was even palatable. In Y on way back, it was even worse! TAKE YOUR OWN!
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM *G (recovered GS), SPG Nothing, Hilton Nothing, AA Nothing
I had pretty much this exact same meal on an IAD-AMS flight in late December, but I had the ribs. It was honestly as good as or better than F meals I had back in 2009-2010 on numerous IAD-NRT and IAD-PEK flights, back when only F got sundae toppings on the ice cream. Service was quite good and attentive too.

Our return LHR-IAD on Dec 29 probably would have been ok had it not been dreadfully overcooked.

And the meal we got on an OS flight VIE-LHR in C that day was one of the best meals I've ever had on any shorthaul (and better than many longhaul).

Originally Posted by 11800506
This was from late December but I figure it's better to post in this thread than keep the old one active.

UA916 IAD-FRA BusinessFirst Dinner

Overall, a pleasant ride in BusinessFirst!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 6, 2013 at 2:13 am Reason: images
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
NRT-ORD C/J Class

NRT-ORD
BusinessFirst
UA882
747-400
Seat: 15B

PBD: Water, OJ, Champagne

Menu

Menu

Wine List

Appetizer - Chicken and vegetarian sushi

Salad - very tasty Miso vinaigrette

Main - Beef Tenderloin, also tasty

Skipped cheese

Sundae

Prior to arrival - Cereal

I would like to note that food has improved a lot since the last year, or maybe NRT catering was good. Either way, very enjoyable flight. As for meal prioritization, FA took 1st and 2nd choice of everyone, except for me (and I assume for other 1K/GS). Again, not the first time, I was only asked for my 1st choice only, and I got it.

I would also like to add that the upper deck crew was excellent. They were particularly attentive and always smiling. They told me they were ORD-based and it was their last 747 flight before the 747 phase-out of ORD. Afterwards, they'll be working the 777 on the coveted senior TPAC routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.