Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with Chrome and united.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by luckyfordogs
I am running Windows 10 and Chrome Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I use the site daily (including right now). No issues. Can you provide error messages / what you mean by 'crashing'?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Clearing your web browser's cache, cookies, and history usually does the trick!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K
Won't work on Chrome or Edge

I've cleared cache on both Chrome and Edge, and United.com works on neither.

Chrome:

I click on united.com, and then the page initially shows up. However, as it begins to load, chrome dies and shuts down. "Chrome has stopped working", and the entire browser closes.

Edge:

United.com loads fine, I can navigate the page, but when I do a flight search and click the box to enter a date or destination, the flight search page simply re-loads again back to blank.

Anybody have any solutions? Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFflyer123

Chrome:

I click on united.com, and then the page initially shows up. However, as it begins to load, chrome dies and shuts down. "Chrome has stopped working", and the entire browser closes.

Edge:

United.com loads fine, I can navigate the page, but when I do a flight search and click the box to enter a date or destination, the flight search page simply re-loads again back to blank.

Different computer?

Both edge & chrome on win10 work for searches for me.

edit add: when you say 'clear cache', does that include all cookies? usually easiest test is restart program and then new incognito / private window.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by SFflyer123

Chrome:

Edge:

Are you checking that "only" United.com doesn't work? Or is United.com the only website you've been trying...
That doesn't sound like a United.com issue, it sounds like a Chrome process not functioning and crashing. Nothing (or very little) to do with the website you're visiting.

Try this:
Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
Right click on chrome.exe and rename it as "chrome1" without quotes. Just add 1 in the name! Now right click on "Chrome again and chose "Send to" and select "Desktop" as a location for the shortcut. Now restart your computer to apply the changes and open google chrome from the shortcut in the desktop. See if that works.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Are you checking that "only" United.com doesn't work? Or is United.com the only website you've been trying...
That doesn't sound like a United.com issue, it sounds like a Chrome process not functioning and crashing. Nothing (or very little) to do with the website you're visiting.

Try this:
Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
Right click on chrome.exe and rename it as "chrome1" without quotes. Just add 1 in the name! Now right click on "Chrome again and chose "Send to" and select "Desktop" as a location for the shortcut. Now restart your computer to apply the changes and open google chrome from the shortcut in the desktop. See if that works.
Thanks, I tried it, and it did not work. I can pretty much use chrome for most functions except United.com and some articles like businessinsider.

Originally Posted by fumje
Different computer?

Both edge & chrome on win10 work for searches for me.

edit add: when you say 'clear cache', does that include all cookies? usually easiest test is restart program and then new incognito / private window.
Thanks, but yes, all the cookies are cleared.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 24, 2018 at 10:27 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:03 pm

Late to the party, but I was experiencing the same problem for a while now - from time to time the united.com page would just load blank in Chrome from time to time (on multiple machines with different OS).
Turns out this is a problem with the browser's "locale" (in a way it's the default language the browser is using) - if it's not recognized by united, the page breaks.
Their page recognizes maybe like 4-5 different "locales" ("US", "CH", "JP" and 2-3 more) total, so anything as exotic as say ... "PL" :-) was breaking their site.

Can't post links yet, but following the instructions from first Google result under "chrome change locale" did the trick for me.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
issue i am having is that after a search when i try to put a different destination in to search for a flight it wont let me delete the previous one..any ideas?this is google chrome..
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.