Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How Far Will / Should United Go For Weather?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Far Will / Should United Go For Weather?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by DCBob
Why can't you just rebook for tomorrow morning from JFK to JNB? Why does it have to be today?
I have to agree with DCBob if all else fails. If you can get seats in J for JFK-JNB in the morning it'll be a better flying experience (no pesky stop in DKR) and you'll likely get into CPT much earlier in the day if you end up having to go tomorrow anyway. Sucks having to delay getting to CPT by a day, though...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks everyone for the suggestions - we've made it to IAD and are sitting in the Lufthansa Senator lounge, enjoying some five-bean chili (definitely the least German dish I've ever had in a Lufthansa lounge - but pretty good!)

Ended up booking a one-way car rental from EWR-IAD, which was indeed MUCH cheaper (and more convenient) than Amtrak. Conditions weren't too bad, but we did narrowly miss this: http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...iously_in.html (drove by the scene before they shut down the turnpike)
Old Dec 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Glad you missed that mess on the NJ Turnpike...I thought of you when heard it on the radio. Even the ways around it were messed up. Have a safe flight and enjoy the trip with your family
Old Dec 27, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: One Pass
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Yeah I just realized that myself - so that part is an easy fix.

The real question now is going to be whether UA reimburses (even partially), the $350-$400 it's going to cost in Amtrak tickets and taxi fare to get there!
Could have went to the airport, UA has an agreement with Amtrack and could have endorsed your ticket from EWR to Washington (Union Station) to them. From there you could have picked up a shuttle to IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.