Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA blocks Third Party Sites (TripIt Pro/Award Wallet/etc.) from Accessing M+ Accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA blocks Third Party Sites (TripIt Pro/Award Wallet/etc.) from Accessing M+ Accounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Talking

Not happy, United.

Seriously my financial information is kept safe, but UA is looking out for my FF account details? What valuation do they put on those miles, must be hundreds of thousands of dollars per mile to deserve such protection!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
UA blocks TripIt Pro from Accessing M+ Accounts

If they can get in to your account can they see saved credit card details?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by steve64

If I choose to give out my number and password to others, that's my choice.

Ummm ... nobody's at fault yet as no database breach has occurred.
If/when such breach does occur then wouldn't the fault lie with the system that was breached ?
I don't know. I can see their point. I mean, you can say that, but if your miles disappear, you're going to be complaining to UA... right?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by mht_flyer
I wonder if this will affect UsingMiles as well?
Per a conversation I'm having right now with folks at UA PR, UsingMiles is not affected. They have agreed to a formal data sharing arrangement with UA to cover their access.

ETA: Here is the full statement I got from UA:

United issued cease and desist letters to certain mileage management companies that market to MileagePlus members. We encourage each of these organizations seeking to extract data from united.com on behalf of our customers to enter into a formal agreement with United in order to ensure compliance with the Terms, Conditions, and Legal Notices contained on united.com. United is happy to explore these formal partnerships. In fact, we already have a relationship with one such organization - UsingMiles.
Do you know if AwardWallet is one of the companies with the cease & desist orders or allowed to keep going with UA account access. Interestingly enough, last night, there was a change of 777 type on NRT to BKK on Thursday, so changed seat assignments. No email from AwardWallet - I can't remember not getting an email for even the smallest changes since I signed up. I
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Do you know if AwardWallet is one of the companies with the cease & desist orders or allowed to keep going with UA account access.
I don't have a contact there so, no, I don't know.
Originally Posted by LeviFlight
If they can get in to your account can they see saved credit card details?
No. The site never displays back the full details.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/US CP, United 1K (1MM) , Marriott Plat, Avis Plus
Don't worry UA Marketing has a plan

One does not need to have another function, with your daily span from MP, not only will you be told what your balance was a month ago, but will tell you how to burn the miles with an domestic upgrade or a saver award to somewhere you haven't been in however long the random ICAO code maker-uper does. Besides, you still have to log into your account on a regular basis so you can call to have RPU or SWU to be redeposited or a *A flight to be posted. I really don't see the issue, if you travel regularly, you have to see how much the computer screws up your balance any ways.

Where you make your money with the the service is gate change, delay or canx. It always SMS a few minutes before UA service does and when UA pushes and update to your profile and resets your notification options, you still know where you should start walking to with the appropriate time to gauge your jogging speed. I wish there was a moving terminal map or at least a merger with gateguru whose tripit update function isn't so hot.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
United Airlines forces AwardWallet to stop accessing united.com

See this post: http://awardwallet.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

I think there is just no better way to keep tracking on account balance, upgrade expiration and elite qualification than using AwardWallet, especially when you have responsible for accounts of the whole family. I won't be surprised for this since DL and AA took the same action before, but it is really shamed on United for doing this.

I myself am writing one letter per week to 1Kvoice, until the service is resumed.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
I just noticed this today. Sadly, Award Wallet is slowly (or quickly) losing value
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:18 am

UA is unable to provide a decent cup of coffee on their flights, yet they worry about AwardWallet. Priorities? It's pitiful indeed.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: all
really unhappy with United for this. The trend is not a fried to awardwallet. Hope this does not snowball further
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shttrdrvr
One does not need to have another function, with your daily span from MP, not only will you be told what your balance was a month ago, but will tell you how to burn the miles with an domestic upgrade or a saver award to somewhere you haven't been in however long the random ICAO code maker-uper does.
UA uses IATA airport codes, not ICAO, for everything customer facing.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
DL blocked tripit a while ago. While you can't see your SM balance you can still see all your itineraries.

Hilton also no longer provides total number of stays

Also seems Avis now blocks as well
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:56 pm

I don't really see the point of AW now. They've banned my main programs first AA now UA, only thing I've got left is UR points. And I was just getting started
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Originally Posted by drewguy
Award wallet next ?

I yell at United for allowing access with a 4-digit PIN.
^ I'd much rather have my 11 digit number back and a significantly more secure multi character password.

Granted COrunUA has IT systems from the literal stone age, but a 4 digit pin in this day in age???? Someone needs to show Jeffy a laptop; take him for a spin arond some computer software; maybe take him around the Internet and then maybe show him an iPad if that wouldn't cause his brain to overload.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 1:18 am

"your priorities are our priorities"

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.