Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No Hotel accomodations for ATC/Weather-related delays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Hotel accomodations for ATC/Weather-related delays?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bwiflyer01
I was scheduled to fly via IAH last night and would have misconnected...1K desk said UA would provide hotel voucher in IAH but I didn't want to take the chance there would be no rooms left by that point.

UA has provided hotel accommodations to me within the past year for wx/ATC--in CLE and EWR. In CLE, I referenced GG AMENITY and the GA looked it up and was surprised to see it and thanked me for informing her. At EWR, the I asked at the ticket counter and the TA checked with a supervisor, but provided a voucher without issue.
Huh, agent just looked at GG amenity and says the doc now says international only for 1K pax.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Huh, agent just looked at GG amenity and says the doc now says international only for 1K pax.

Per *A rules all *G on international should be covered. If this is true it would be big lost for 1Ks.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Per *A rules all *G on international should be covered. If this is true it would be big lost for 1Ks.
Indeed. Could someone very this?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:47 pm

Sorry, let me clarify. What I mean is that we are wx'd into a forced overnight at SFO on a domestic itinerary and just asked whether GG AMENITY covered situation. Agent said no -- and read from a document which said "INTL ONLY … F/J/1K…" and then agent stopped reading document out loud. Asked a second agent to read same doc with same result.

What agent was telling us was — domestic & 1K => wx irrops = no hotel. I think still intl/1K/wx=hotel and intl/*G/wx = hotel.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Sorry, let me clarify. What I mean is that we are wx'd into a forced overnight at SFO on a domestic itinerary and just asked whether GG AMENITY covered situation. ...
understood what was in the earlier post, if 1K domestic on WX is no longer covered, that would be a significant loss of benefits. No great shakes with the intl coverage as all *G are covered

.... Agent said no -- and read from a document which said "INTL ONLY … F/J/1K…" and then agent stopped reading document out loud. Asked a second agent to read same doc with same result. .....
Hope they were reading the wrong section,

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 2, 2015 at 7:16 pm Reason: quote formating fixed
Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
UA has not provided hotel/meals to 1K's for IRROPS outside its control on domestic for several years. *A no longer lists the benefit for anybody, including *G:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

The confusion may occur because EC 261/2004 provides a duty of care on EU carriers and non-EU carriers originating in the EU. Thus, if you hold a UA ticket connecting FRA-EWR-ORD and IRROPS at EWR causes an overnight until UA can get you to ORD, you would be entitled to a duty of care including a hotel voucher.

I suspect that the UA and *A changes are due to the fact that 1K's / *G's are overwhelmingly on business-paid travel and thus, the benfit is of not much personal value.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
UA has not provided hotel/meals to 1K's for IRROPS outside its control on domestic for several years.
You keep saying this and yet it never becomes any more true...
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
If this is true it would be big lost for 1Ks.
You mean yet another big loss for 1Ks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.