Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Vs. 'the single passenger"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Vs. 'the single passenger"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, Continental, American, Delta
Angry United Airlines Vs. 'the single passenger"

Has anyone become so frustrated with United Airlines not following their tariffs, making ridiculous excuses for problems they create and control, denied boarding in the class of service ticketed, not catering flights, receiving lost baggage 2-3 days after arriving at an international destinations, switching aircraft configurations, not having anyone at airport ticket counters who can ticket at such large airports such as SFO, that they went to court and sued them for breach of contract?

I am a 2 million mile flier, but enough is enough?

Thanks !!!!

Last edited by B.VA.Flyer; Nov 27, 2012 at 3:07 pm Reason: Presentation
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
The CoC says basically that they will get you somewhere near your destination somewhere around the time they stated. IF they can't do that or you are unhappy with your reroutes you can always take a refund.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Originally Posted by B.VA.Flyer
Has anyone become so frustrated with United Airlines not following their tariffs, making ridiculous excuses for problems they create and control, denied boarding in the class of service ticketed, not catering flights, receiving lost baggage 2-3 days after arriving at an international destinations, switching aircraft configurations, not having anyone at airport ticket counters who can ticket at such large airports such as SFO, that they went to court and sued them for breach of contract?

Thanks !!!!
I've not experienced any of that. Not once. I had ONE delayed bag that was delivered the same evening and that was a late connection--I barely made the flight myself and that was because I was sitting in 1A on the previous flight. They closed the door behind me and the folks in Y on my previous flight missed their connection (and stayed with their bags).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
...not having anyone at airport ticket counters who can ticket at such large airports such as SFO

Thanks !!!!
I was at SFO ticket counter last night getting a ticket from a soon to expire old voucher. They keep relocating it, so perhaps that was why you couldn't see it. It is now midway between the economy and Premier check in area. They had two agents working the desk and I was done in 15 minutes.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum

Thanks !!!!
Wow, Five and a half years between first 2 posts. You must really be pissed. Welcome back to flyertalk.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Has anyone become so frustrated with United Airlines ..............

Not me.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier Executive, AmericanAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by clublounger
Not me.
I have! United Airlines is not the friendly airline with premium services afterf merging with Continental which provides sub par services for elite and premium travelers.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Not me. But, if OP finds something better, he should use his energy to grab it, rather than post here.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:36 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
Has anyone become so frustrated with United Airlines... that they went to court and sued them for breach of contract?
I invite you to sue United for breach of contract. Your profile says you live in Virginia. Here is a list of circuit courts in the commonwealth. I look forward to learning the outcome of your litigation in a subsequent post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.