Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help in Calcualting UA Miles We'll Earn on US Airways Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Do I understand the chart on http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=308 correctly, that for a future trip, booked through US Airways (want to apply all flights to earn United MileagePlus miles, nothing for US):
1) Flying TAM economy Class within Brazil (FOR-GIG-FOR) we'll earn 100% of miles (1350 each way) for United.
2) Flying US Envoy (Biz) Class between GIG and CLT, we'll earn 125% of miles flown.
3) Flying US First Class from CLT to SFO and UA First Class SFO to OGG we'll earn 150% of miles flown.
(We're flying AS from Hawaii back to the mainland).

Have I got this right?

Would have flown UA all the way from GIG or GRU, but it was several hundred dollars more, and wife wanted to try the new US Airbus on the international section.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by SoCal
Do I understand the chart on http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=308 correctly, that for a future trip, booked through US Airways (want to apply all flights to earn United MileagePlus miles, nothing for US):
1) Flying TAM economy Class within Brazil (FOR-GIG-FOR) we'll earn 100% of miles (1350 each way) for United.
2) Flying US Envoy (Biz) Class between GIG and CLT, we'll earn 125% of miles flown.
3) Flying US First Class from CLT to SFO and UA First Class SFO to OGG we'll earn 150% of miles flown.
(We're flying AS from Hawaii back to the mainland).

Have I got this right?
Are you asking asking redeemable miles or elite qualifying miles? For RDM, you're correct. For EQM, you might be earning more depending on the fare class.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
If you know which fare class(es) you are booked in, you can use this tool to calculate the RDM and EQM: http://www.wandr.me/Tools/Advanced_Trip_Calculator.aspx
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Are you asking asking redeemable miles or elite qualifying miles? For RDM, you're correct. For EQM, you might be earning more depending on the fare class.
Yes, redeemable miles were my primary concern. With the miles I earn I would normally move from Silver to Gold, but the new rule about having to fly 4 UA operated flights in a year may get me.

Last edited by SoCal; Nov 21, 2012 at 11:49 am
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
This is easy. At present you'll receive ZERO miles for any flights taken on US as they never post.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by milepig
This is easy. At present you'll receive ZERO miles for any flights taken on US as they never post.
Wow, you're right.

I just checked my UA account to see if the US flights I took with my GF had posted. Guess what? Not one of the four flights have posted to my account.

Is that why US doesn't let you use mobile boarding passes if you're flying with more than one passenger? At least, I have the paper boarding passes.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SoCal
Yes, redeemable miles were my primary concern. With the miles I earn I would normally move from Silver to Gold, but the new rule about having to fly 4 UA operated flights in a year may get me.
?? If you're already Silver, you met the requirement. Perhaps you own the United Club card?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by juanomatic
Wow, you're right.

I just checked my UA account to see if the US flights I took with my GF had posted. Guess what? Not one of the four flights have posted to my account.

Is that why US doesn't let you use mobile boarding passes if you're flying with more than one passenger? At least, I have the paper boarding passes.
There's a long thread here (up to 51 pages at the moment):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-thread.html

bottom line is you don't need your boarding passes, but after 15 days have passed you can fill out an online form and then wait somemore. The form asks for obscure things like Booking Code (which doesn't appear on my receipt) and Seat Number, which I didn't have since we changed seats at checkin and then did paperless BPs. I finally had to call US and got a wonderful agent who said "is there something going on, I've been getting a lot of these calls."
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
That's strange. Miles from my Sunday flights posted today. Of course, that was an award ticket and I shouldn't have gotten miles, but I'm not going to argue...
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by octopic
That's strange. Miles from my Sunday flights posted today. Of course, that was an award ticket and I shouldn't have gotten miles, but I'm not going to argue...
Were you rebooked/was there a major schedule change?

Was it a different airline, I imagine?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Not true in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.