Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SK in trouble -- what's UA's obligation to me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SK in trouble -- what's UA's obligation to me?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Their obligation is a full refund. You may get a rebooking on UA metal.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:23 am
Suspended

12 hours in CPH is not enough . . .

Originally Posted by DHAST
Sweet. We booked a 12 hour layover in CPH on purpose... I actually want to see a bit of the city. As a side note, we had to book this as part of an RT, as we have a stopover coming home. So I couldn't just book the return without booking the nonstop.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
12 hours in CPH is not enough . . .
True, but I'm burning my stopover in VIE
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mduell
Their obligation is a full refund. You may get a rebooking on UA metal.
+1 - This is the key anad the answer to OP's question. While the conventional wisdom is not to worry, his question is "what happens if...?"

As a matter of CS, UA will generally do what it can to acommodate. Here, where UA flies the route, it should be less of a problem. But, UA's sole obligation is to issue a refund. You can't force UA to do anything else and, in this example, SAS would not exist.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
OP. You will be fine, an airline would never lie about financial health, arrival times....departure times.......where you bags are

SAS Says Cost-Reduction Program Won't Disrupt Flights
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...t-flights.html
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by oldgoldflyer
SK may eventually be bought by someone like LH, but they are not going to disappear by next September.
Give it time, all EU carriers will be under IAG, Lufthansa Group, or Air France-KLM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Last time I had an award ticket booked on a carrier that went under, the ticket-issuing airline got me on their own metal without any fuss -- even earned a good chunk of miles for the award ticket. The time before that, I go booked on another partner airline and earned miles on that too.

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The Scandinavian countries won't allow SAS to go bankrupt i.e. SAS is not MALEV, and Denmark is not Hungary!
I wouldn't count on all the big 3 Scandinavian government shareholders of SAS keeping SAS out of bankruptcy. I would count on actually at least 2 of the Scandinavian countries letting SK go by its own devices without much if any governmental life preserver being thrown at SK.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
Give it time, all EU carriers will be under IAG, Lufthansa Group, or Air France-KLM.
Except for Ryanair or EasyJet. Although I could see WN buying Ryanair. (Or maybe the other way around.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.