Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA give BIS miles credit for Sandy affected flight (not flying at all)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM

I have a mileage run booked from EWR-HNL-EWR this Saturday-Sunday (same day turnaround). Looks like it is going to be a zoo at EWR. WHat are the chances that UA will give me BIS miles credit (need it for status) if I offer to not fly, and not ask for a refund? Has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by pindi
I have a mileage run booked from EWR-HNL-EWR this Saturday-Sunday (same day turnaround). Looks like it is going to be a zoo at EWR. WHat are the chances that UA will give me BIS miles credit (need it for status) if I offer to not fly, and not ask for a refund? Has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks.
Zero.. if you get a refund of your ticket, or you cancel it and don't fly at all saving the credit for a future flight you won't get any miles.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Zero.. if you get a refund of your ticket, or you cancel it and don't fly at all saving the credit for a future flight you won't get any miles.
I meant NOT asking for a refund and getting the miles instead.....
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pindi
I meant NOT asking for a refund and getting the miles instead.....
I would still say zero and I wouldn't trust a GA or Phone agent if they said I would still get the miles.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Very wishful thinking...zero chance of that happening in all honesty.

Are you upfront?? I did a BOS-SFO-HNL-SFO-LAX-BOS same day/night turnaround and was upfront for all segments (back when as a 1P UDU's actually cleared within their windows) and it was pretty brutal even sitting in F.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
You will not get original routing (or any) credit if you do not fly at all, and not asking for a refund has no effect on this. If UA allowed this, people could qualify for 1K by booking a few cheap international mileage runs and never flying them.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.