Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not allowed to move to another empty seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not allowed to move to another empty seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by danM
I'm honestly simply curious as to how the whole upgrade to E+ while onboard thing actually works...
very simple. Passengers can move up to E+ after the doors are shut or inflight. However, they must have the F/A move them & then pay for E+ onboard w the same CC readers the crew uses to process drinks/food
Old Oct 22, 2012, 5:52 am

On mainline flights a certain number of passengers can move seats (and the FA's card readers are equipped to handle the transaction). The number allowed to move depends on if the aircraft is a wide body or not. I don't think on UAX this capability exists. I've been on UAX and mainline flights where passengers were invited to move, and just a few weeks ago out of ORD on a lightly-loaded flight to IAH the FA's were not allowing passengers to move from E to E+ without paying. So, YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.