Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

(2) $100 Travel Discount Certificates for owning the MP Card - questions about them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(2) $100 Travel Discount Certificates for owning the MP Card - questions about them

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:05 am
Original Poster

I received (2) $100 travel discount certificates that look to be linked to the fact that I have the MileagePlus card (used to have the OnePass but it was converted). Anyways, is this a regular thing on every anniversary, or is this just a one time deal?

I kind of like these and if this is a yearly thing then the benefits of owning the card go up for sure, but I didn't think this was part of their regular benefits, or am I wrong?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by factory81
I received (2) $100 travel discount certificates that look to be linked to the fact that I have the MileagePlus card (used to have the OnePass but it was converted). Anyways, is this a regular thing on every anniversary, or is this just a one time deal?

I kind of like these and if this is a yearly thing then the benefits of owning the card go up for sure, but I didn't think this was part of their regular benefits, or am I wrong?
Always available. Usually worthless, but these remove the fare class restrictions.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by aacharya
Always available. Usually worthless, but these remove the fare class restrictions.
These remove the fare class restrictions? If so, why are they worthless?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joshwex90
These remove the fare class restrictions? If so, why are they worthless?
In the past, these certs were not worth it.

Now, if I remember correctly, they are worth something, since there is no exclusion for low fare classes.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Since when did they start giving these out again? I haven't received them for any of the cards I/my family hold -- we're just getting the club passes.

The last time I received these was pre-merger....and they were always worthless.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

I was able to get mine to work on a T class fare. If I am not mistaken - T class is the most discounted fare class on United right?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by factory81
I was able to get mine to work on a T class fare. If I am not mistaken - T class is the most discounted fare class on United right?
Nope. L, K, G and N are below T. But it is a pretty low one.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I was able to apply those certs on S and T fares several months ago despite the conditions on the back saying that they were excluded. Looks like a .bomb glitch that works in our favor!
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Just used my 2 certs today booking an Xmas trip. $200 saved. Actually $220 ish saved- assistant did not know why reduced extra but why question a good result. (Perhaps the extra is reduction in taxes also as comes off the base fare.)
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LeviFlight
Just used my 2 certs today booking an Xmas trip. $200 saved. Actually $220 ish saved- assistant did not know why reduced extra but why question a good result. (Perhaps the extra is reduction in taxes also as comes off the base fare.)

Could you tell me if your second certificate has the same promo information as the first one? The reason I ask is I was given two of these certificates, but one of them has been misplaced and I still want to try and use it.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Free Agent
My certs were identical. However the promo codes / PIN numbers on the front were different.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Condition One
I was able to apply those certs on S and T fares several months ago despite the conditions on the back saying that they were excluded. Looks like a .bomb glitch that works in our favor!
Is that the case now? I have two certs that say these are excluded and they are expiring pretty soon...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.