Wiki Posts
Search

Earning *A miles on UA without flying UA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Smile Earning *A miles on UA without flying UA

Hi,

sorry for the dumb q. I generally fly UK to NZ using SQ or NZ. I am reaching Diamond on OZ so will have *G for 3 years.

I wanted to find the best program to get 8A partner upgrades with my miles ie from economy to business.

With OZ thats 47k miles from Europe to oceania one way. Which seems quite a lot.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that with UA it is only 35000 miles for the same. Which seems a bit more reasonable. Is am correct?

So i guess my questions are
1) Is UA the best for 8A upgrades in terms of mile usage?

2) If I switch to UA MP can I earn PQM and qualify for premier gold without ever flying UA? Not really an issue for me for the next 3 years but maybe after. From what I have read I can but I remember someone telling me UA has a clause which states you have to fly with them.

3) Can you buy miles on UA MP?

4) Is there a cheaper program to spend miles for long haul *A upgrades form economy to business?

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NZBone
Hi,

sorry for the dumb q. I generally fly UK to NZ using SQ or NZ. I am reaching Diamond on OZ so will have *G for 3 years.

I wanted to find the best program to get 8A partner upgrades with my miles ie from economy to business.

With OZ thats 47k miles from Europe to oceania one way. Which seems quite a lot.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it seems to me that with UA it is only 35000 miles for the same. Which seems a bit more reasonable. Is am correct?

So i guess my questions are
1) Is UA the best for 8A upgrades in terms of mile usage?

2) If I switch to UA MP can I earn PQM and qualify for premier gold without ever flying UA? Not really an issue for me for the next 3 years but maybe after. From what I have read I can but I remember someone telling me UA has a clause which states you have to fly with them.

3) Can you buy miles on UA MP?

4) Is there a cheaper program to spend miles for long haul *A upgrades form economy to business?

Thanks so much!
Everything you need to know is in the link below

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ut-flying.html
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:36 am
Original Poster

What you posted is helpful. Thanks. So you can buy miles on UA.

But I will also still be flying just on another *A carrier. Can I earn premier status in US by not flying with them, just crediting miles from other carriers?

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.