Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United has the WORST customer service. (2013 Edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United has the WORST customer service. (2013 Edition)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
Though we don't know the actual tone or content of the discussions.
Give the language and tone of the OP's post here ("blood boiling," "incredulous," calling for firing), I'm willing to take a guess at the tone of the OP's discussion with the CS rep.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
UA OAL Rebooking Issues / Challenges / Agents Refusing to Rebook

Just hung up from an ESL foreign call center agent, and she told me that American, Delta, and USAirways are no longer accepting United tickets. I asked her to double check, and she said yes...

This is also on top of another Cranky Concierge client that was on a delayed ORD-NRT flight, who said she isn't flying until tomorrow, despite being airborne and e-ticket showing "boarded", who almost missed in Tokyo. Agent REFUSED to rebook, so I hung up and called 1K desk, got a sympathetic agent and she said "of course she's onboard... I'll get her rebooked right now".

How do you all STAND the new United?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
suggest you change your title before someone believes it -- yes CS can be spotty especially in peak period when there are significant weather events. CS is still one of the new UA's weak spots (at least compared to PMUA or PMCO)
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:22 pm

Got a 2nd agent who said the *exact* same thing. And swore up and down our client's flight is a weather delay - when its really late crew.

Sent out a tweet to UA, waiting on a response.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
OP are you saying:

Just hung up from an ESL foreign call center agent, and she told me that American, Delta, and USAirways are no longer accepting United tickets.
Or are you saying UA will not move you to O/A.

FWIW IME (All PMUA): I have never been able to get ICC agents to move me to O/A. I had one DTWRR agent protect me on an AA flight (but didn't need it), but at the airport I have been moved to O/A many times.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:06 pm

I typed *exactly* what the reservations agent told me.

I want UA's ombudsman on FT to see how their brand is being protrayed, and how travel professionals like myself view their crummy service. We (Cranky Concierge) are PAID to help people like my guy today, but instead, I spent 45 minutes on hold or waiting with 3 different agents, 2 of which *swore* that US/DL/AA would not HONOR UA tickets. By the time I got to the 3rd agent, our client had made it to the ticket counter who then gladly rebooked him on Delta and sent him on his way.

So, United, you HAVE GOT to bring reservations back. I hate to say it, but fudge, I will PAY to speak to a US agent if it means this much less frustration. Oh god, I just gave them a new idea.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.4MM; AA PLT 2.5MM; Hilton Diamond; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex MR; Chase UR, et al
I was booked on UA750 LGA-ORD last Wednesday. It cancelled due to MX and the best they could do was rebook me for Thursday at 6pm, which subsequently cancelled due to WX and I was rebooked for Saturday at 4:45pm. UA wouldn't book me on AA, so I bought a walk up Y fare on the 6:20pm Wednesday and flew home for $1000.

It was a different time when the UA agent would have called 100 feet over to the AA agent and gotten me on the flight and paid the bill. 1K voice and refunds say that UA met their obligation and that they're sorry about my luck - UA offered me an alternative and I refused to take it and made my own arrangements. Fine, I get it, I don't care about the money - I just cry a little inside about the fact that they used to take care of me and now they don't anymore. Tear.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:15 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
This must be a very recent development. I had no trouble a few weeks ago in STL, when the check-in agent saw that I wouldn't make the connection and called her colleague at American to see if there was space on her direct flight. There was, and I simply went across the hall to the AA desk and was issued with a new ticket in exchange for the voucher I had been given.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:18 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

So if I am reading and understanding you correctly, UA the agent claims UA will no longer endorse customers over to other airlines in situations out of UA's control?

While it is nice when they put us on another airline in situations like this week with the weather, I never expect them to put me on another airline.

If a flight goes mechanical or I was involuntarily denied boarding then that is a different story.

It is possible that temporarily other airlines will not take endorsements from other airlines since they have thousands of passengers to reaccommodate as well.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 1P
This must be a very recent development.....
Originally Posted by golfingboy
So if I am reading and understanding you correctly, UA the agent claims UA will no longer endorse customers over to other airlines in situations out of UA's control? ....
Willing to better 100% the info is wrong -- just bad agents, not a change in policy.

The title is deliberately inflammatory because the OP want to make a point about the poor CS and to flame at UA.
OP's service seems to be appropriately named.

Originally Posted by golfingboy
So if I am reading and understanding you correctly, UA the agent claims UA will no longer endorse customers over to other airlines in situations out of UA's control?

While it is nice when they put us on another airline in situations like this week with the weather, I never expect them to put me on another airline.

... .
based on what had been previous called Rule 240, that is an action even in WX is a possible outcome -- not always easy to get done but can happen.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:46 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Give the language and tone of the OP's post here ("blood boiling," "incredulous," calling for firing), I'm willing to take a guess at the tone of the OP's discussion with the CS rep.
Don't forget praying that 100,000 employees collect their checks from the state's unemployment funds and that millions of investrs lose their stakes if the OP gets his/her prayer answered and UA goes under. And also that airfares skyrocket due to the loss of a major competitor, also lowering service levels as other airlines no longer have to compete.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:55 pm

Sabre still shows a full ticket & baggage agreement in place with AA/DL/US, so the res agents were wrong. Both of them. That's the problem here.

And they will continue to give bad information...

I feel horrible for anyone flying United and expecting help when things go wrong. United's Twitter folks finally reached out and apologized, but who knows. This is a simple policy. In event of a controllable delay, UA should make all efforts to reroute customers within reason. I wasn't asking for F for the guy, just a seat in economy. UA will only pay DL 18% of the full Y fare, so its not like its highway robbery going on when my guy paid $400 one way.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Just hung up from an ESL foreign call center agent, and she told me that American, Delta, and USAirways are no longer accepting United tickets. I asked her to double check, and she said yes...

This is also on top of another Cranky Concierge client that was on a delayed ORD-NRT flight, who said she isn't flying until tomorrow, despite being airborne and e-ticket showing "boarded", who almost missed in Tokyo. Agent REFUSED to rebook, so I hung up and called 1K desk, got a sympathetic agent and she said "of course she's onboard... I'll get her rebooked right now".

How do you all STAND the new United?
Why didn't you just call the 1K line the first time and skip the shenanigan?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Hang up an dial back.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
US is partner with UA and they codeshare. How could they not except UA tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.