Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Customer Appreciation Links

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

United Customer Appreciation Links

United sent me a customer appreciation email back in July for a flight issue during my trip, but I didn't try to claim it right away. Now I am ready to book another flight and trying to click on the link provided in the email, and found out that http://www.united.com/appreciation is not working anymore.
Does anyone knows if I can still redeem the customer appreciation offer? If so, where is a valid link now?

Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:45 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chichi77
...http://www.united.com/appreciation is not working anymore. ...
what happens when you use that link?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
The link given works fine for me.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
The link still works for me too.

Friendly reminder . . . this is a legacy UA site. I doubt it is monitored anymore, and I was told to use the link post 3/3 and received zero responses.

I think a few have written that it works IF you have a code already. No code, absolutely expect no response.

Use MP or other online email to get compensation/assistance.

I had an issue in flight, and the captain said use the "appreciation website". Never worked. Wrote Customer Care. That didn't work either. Writing MP about it ended up doing the trick, and resolving the issue I had fully.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Yup- Still working for me. Just redeemed a skykit that I got on HNL-ORD.

As far as submitting and hoping for a response, it would likely be faster to email UA, or call 1K Customer Relations (if OP is a 1K).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
It works fine IF you have a code given to you on a pmUA flight. With no code it wont work so you'll have to write to CR
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help.

When I tried to access the webpage, I got the following message:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at secure.unitedmileageplus.com.

When I tried using Chrome to load the page, I was able to load the initial page, but was not able to submit after filling in the information. After clicking submit, I also get server not found message on chrome.

I guess I will try to call and see if I can still redeem the offer.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by chichi77
Thanks for all the help.

When I tried to access the webpage, I got the following message:

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at secure.unitedmileageplus.com.

When I tried using Chrome to load the page, I was able to load the initial page, but was not able to submit after filling in the information. After clicking submit, I also get server not found message on chrome.

I guess I will try to call and see if I can still redeem the offer.
As of 10 seconds ago, I clicked on the link while using Firefox, and the linked opened for me without any issues.

Could this be an issue with the corporate firewall or something of that nature?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Link did not work for me when submitting a complaint without a code using Chrome. Had to submit using the "contact us" via MileagePlus, with no issue.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
worked for me last night using Chrome (no code).
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
It works fine IF you have a code given to you on a pmUA flight. With no code it wont work so you'll have to write to CR
Unless the flight has been coded as having a mechanical or something...most customer reps have told me the codes are no longer given out, but I know that there have been varying reports.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 7:37 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might try doing "https:" instead of "http:"
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Well, hopefully this works now

We sat on the tarmac the other night for 3 hours due to a "computer crash" but also some other issues.

I received the following email from UA:

On behalf of United Airlines, we want to express our sincere apologies for your experience with flight ...

At United, we take pride in being a reliable part of your travel plans and your satisfaction is of paramount importance. I invite you to visit the following website to select a token of our appreciation.

http://www.united.com/appreciation

Please have your flight information handy when you visit the site. Family members who traveled together under the same email address should access this site individually.

Thank you for your time. Again, your satisfaction and your business

I like the automated email here. I will follow up if it works.

And . . . the site was down for me a couple of times I tried it prior to tonight. But, the site is back up now!

UPDATE

Well, that was really VERY easy! I put in my flight info, name, UA number, etc, then it gave me 3 offers to choose from!

After I chose my offer, then there was another page with an apology.

I know we have our share of UA cynics . . . but this could not have been any more painless or easier (well, once the site was up!).

This is a change I like! Last time I used "customer appreciation", I received no response after several submissions, and several emails to UA CS . . . but the issue was ultimately resolved . . . it just took a while and a lot of extra effort on my part.

Last edited by valor155; Jul 27, 2013 at 11:23 pm Reason: UPDATE with results
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, KLM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Platinum
Uh... Appreciation what?

After mechanical issues caused a 4-hour delay for our flight yesterday, I thought it was a nice touch for United to send an apology email with a link to select "a token of our appreciation". Just a tip - next time, perhaps sending a link that actually works might make the gesture a little more meaningful.

Fail.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Maybe too soon?

I had this happen about a year ago, but it was because I went to the link too soon. Took about 24 hours after the flight for it to be active.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.