Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Consolidated connection time/logistics at AMS
Amsterdam (AMS) Lounge - Star Alliance
The Star Alliance Lounge at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, the latest addition to the Star Alliance lounge line up, located in the Schengen area, offers a contemporary design with uniquely Dutch details where guests are invited to sit back and relax or make use of the sophisticated workspaces.
The serviced bar offers offers guests a wide range of drinks and refreshments in the afternoons and evenings, while the kitchen and buffet offer a range of hot and cold meal options with a local twist..
Non-schengen lounge
Swissport’s Aspire 41 lounge (contracted lounge -- used by UA)
Opening hours: DAILY 06:00-23:00

Other options
Print Wikipost

AMS lounge options for the UA traveler, *A Schengen; Aspire, non-Schengen + Polaris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:02 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Muckus
Singapore has a very nice lounge at AMS that takes *G members.
other have reported it has closed (and not listed on the SQ site)-- when did you last use it?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The SQ lounge no longer exists. I used to use it all the time when flying on UA.

The SQ lounge is the same as the same contract lounge that UA uses except they block an area off for SQ passengers only. That section is not very crowded.

The other section of the lounge is crowded and I really don't enjoy it. No free internet on the UA side.

Cheers
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:59 am

The contract lounge is nothing to write home about, it's not really worth a visit. AMS offers 1 hour free internet throughout the airport.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
While the new lounge that UA uses is a step up from the old lounge and comparable to an United club. As others have confirmed in other threads, the old contract lounge UA used was barely better than a refugee camp.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Reviving the thread because I noticed that the United site still points to the Servistar lounge, but if you go to their website it says they were bought out by Swissport. Anyone know if there is still a lounge at AMS that you can access if departing on UA to the USA?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K (.25MM) IHG Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Michilander
Reviving the thread because I noticed that the United site still points to the Servistar lounge, but if you go to their website it says they were bought out by Swissport. Anyone know if there is still a lounge at AMS that you can access if departing on UA to the USA?
Flew AMS-IAH-ORD in December on a ZY fare and when I asked about lounge access at check-in, was told I didn't have access to a lounge. Not much lost, if it's still similar to the Servistar lounge, it was absolutely nothing to write home about and you're better off relaxing at Café Amsterdam in L3 if you have time to kill before the flight.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Gold
I was just there a few weeks ago flying on United. I didn't ask for any guidance until I got airside as the lounges were only numbered. Eventually I found my way to the 'not-skyteam' lounge.

There was no complaints letting me in, but I'd echo what domzals1 said: It's not worth the trip.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
It's there, next to the skyteam lounge. Number 26 if I remember correctly??? It's upstairs, and you can't miss it.

Lounge is ok. Drinks, some food, power ports.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
Plenty to do and see at AMS without stepping foot into a lounge. If you have several hours on your hands take a train into the city.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:16 pm

Thanks, all, for the updates. From the info provided I think we may duck in to check it out IF it is convenient to our gate. Otherwise, we will check out the Café Amsterdam.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:21 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Michilander
Thanks, all, for the updates. From the info provided I think we may duck in to check it out IF it is convenient to our gate. Otherwise, we will check out the Café Amsterdam.
Was in the lounge a week ago, no big deal, stayed about 10 minutes and left you would probably enjoy the Café Amsterdam more.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mbarreto
It's there, next to the skyteam lounge. Number 26 if I remember correctly??? It's upstairs, and you can't miss it.

Lounge is ok. Drinks, some food, power ports.
I think it's number 41. I was there in January.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by cranky1K
Consensus seems to be it isn't that great. Did it make you crankier?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by domzals1
Flew AMS-IAH-ORD in December on a ZY fare and when I asked about lounge access at check-in, was told I didn't have access to a lounge. Not much lost, if it's still similar to the Servistar lounge, it was absolutely nothing to write home about and you're better off relaxing at Café Amsterdam in L3 if you have time to kill before the flight.
Ha, I flew AMS-IAH-ORD in July so I could take a ride on the 787 IAH-ORD. What was your motivation?

I went into whatever the lounge was last year. Nothing great, but it was fine. Then again, I have low expectations and am pretty low maintenance.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Correct. Number 41. Upstairs in the Transfer 3 area.

It's not that great. Food options less than the NRT UC, but more than a domestic UC.

There was some soup, a case for hot items (empty), warm rolls, some cold deli slices (just cheese and salami), and three types of crackers. I'm not a drinker, so I can't comment on the drinks selection.

About half the lounge is roped off for SQ passengers only. I was there two days ago. Around 0800 local time. The SQ area was empty and still marked as reserved for SQ passengers (and roped off). The other area was quite crowded. People lined up for the buffet and snatched the items as quickly as they could be put out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.