Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Airport Lounge Options for UA Travelers in Melbourne (MEL) and Sydney (SYD)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
SYD Lounges for *G and UA Business Class passengers
* Air New Zealand Lounge, International Terminal 2, Level 3, Pier C

* SilverKris Lounge Business Class Lounge, International Terminal 2, Level 3, Pier C
Hours - MON 05:30-18:30;TUE 05:30-18:30;WED 05:30-18:30;THU 05:30-18:30;FRI 05:30-18:30;SAT 05:30-18:30;SUN 05:30-18:30;

MEL Lounges for *G and UA Business Class passengers
* Air New Zealand Intl. Lounge, Location International Satellite, Ground Floor

* SilverKris Lounge Business Class, Location International Satellite, Arrivals Level, Opposite gate 7

Neither airport has an arrival lounge

Related thread
General questions: SFO/LAX-SYD/MEL and vv (service, food, connections, etc.) [Merged]
MEL United Club Closed Permanently (June 12, 2015)
Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia)
Archive
Airport Lounge Options for UA Travelers in Melbourne (MEL) and Sydney (SYD) {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold

Hi all

Flying out of Sydney in business and wondering which lounge we get to go to?

Thanks in advance all

Mel
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mel Grant
Hi all

Thanks in advance all

Mel
I recommend the Singapore SilverKris.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
We used SilverKris because we were in GF, and hoped the F lounge was available. However, it was "under repair". The Business Lounge was very nice. However, as they have a A380 departing for SIN about 40 or so minutes prior to UA870, it will be crowded, until those pax leave. Then it will be virtually empty- like less than 10 people.

The other choice is ANZ, which has a lot of support here- a search will get you info. They are a short distance apart.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:21 am

SQ or NZ. The former is more classical/understated classiness, where the latter is more modern and bright.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Mel Grant
Hi all

Thanks in advance all

Mel
The Silver Kris and Air New Zealand lounges are right next to each other - up the escalator around gates 58/59. We were flying out on TG476 in the morning and stayed at the ANZ lounge. Did a quick tour through Silver Kris on the way to the gate just to check it out and it was less busy but neither were overcrowded by any means.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:12 am

This is true especially if you're on 870 - both lounges would basically be empty around that time
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:28 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Of course you can visit both of them (time permitting). I would even think - it is your obligation as a Flyertalker - to visit both
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Officially the answer is the AirNZ lounge, in that that's the one they will direct you to at check-in.

Historically it was also the best option, if only because they had a UA staff member there (and on most days, not just any staff member, but Annie!) - however that is no longer the case.

AirNZ will still have the advantage that they announce the UA flights, where SQ do not. Otherwise, as others have said, it's basically personal preference.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
I used to use the Koru club regularly although my preference was for the SilverKris club. However, since ANZ booted Annie (UA rep) out of the Koru I am now using SilverKris. Personally, I find the latter quieter, more comfortable with better wireless and better food offerings.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
This is true especially if you're on 870 - both lounges would basically be empty around that time
So the SQ A380 that boarded about 40 minutes before our UA870 flight and took around 100 people out of the SilverKris Lounge was a figment of my imagination?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
As long as I show my *G card (which should be on BP anyways I think), there shouldn't be any issues getting into either SQ or NZ lounges right?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
As long as I show my *G card (which should be on BP anyways I think), there shouldn't be any issues getting into either SQ or NZ lounges right?
1- the BP may not be enough and the card may be needed.
2 - SQ, in particular, can choose to decided they will focus on their customers and not allowed non-SQ customers. And this is not a SQ SYD only issue.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
SQ >>>> NZ lounge @ SYD Used to be great to use the new SQ F lounge at SYD but no more GF on UA from SYD so stick to new style SQ C lounges at SYD and MEL Better foods better showers and amenities and not glitz-trashy Glitz trash seems to be appealing to AU/NZ markets :-)) Sadly since no more GF t oAU from SFO I wont be able to use my beloved spacious and very exclusive SFO Global First Lounge :-(((
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Of course you can visit both of them (time permitting). I would even think - it is your obligation as a Flyertalker - to visit both
lol I like that idea!! I might have to try a cup of coffee in both!!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: UA GS / IHG Spire RA / HHonors Gold / SPG Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cbourl
SQ >>>> NZ lounge @ SYD Used to be great to use the new SQ F lounge at SYD but no more GF on UA from SYD so stick to new style SQ C lounges at SYD and MEL Better foods better showers and amenities and not glitz-trashy Glitz trash seems to be appealing to AU/NZ markets :-)) Sadly since no more GF t oAU from SFO I wont be able to use my beloved spacious and very exclusive SFO Global First Lounge :-(((
?? i'm in GF on thursday SYDSFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.