Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

28 August 2012 - United System Outage (Imapct, Discussion, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

28 August 2012 - United System Outage (Imapct, Discussion, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I called the elite line. Someone picked up immediately to say computers are down, including for missing credit. Good to know about the paper boarding passes -- I'll always print those out from now on!

I'm just sad I sold my UAL puts early. Share price down 2.6% today, will probably be a blood bath tomorrow? Have a few UA flights lined up for the rest of the year, now I'm getting even more nervous.

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Wow, the one August week I am on the ground..........though I do fly out Friday

I am looking forward to seeing what digital debris is left; maybe some more 4 mile fares.

Originally Posted by Jorgen
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Looks like i picked the wrong week to quit drinking
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
It's kind of fun actually!

Yes, drinking heavily A gates at IAD...

Always print a paper BP FYI...
Plenty of good drinking going on at IAH too. No paper copy as I was on the u/g list - wherever that is now. Share this Schimzakkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Bizzare scene at IAH, terminal c isnt letting anyone through security. Anyone getting through in any of the other terminals?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:06 pm

FlightAware

Flightaware posted to their site and their Facebook page about the issue
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: *
its going to be a long one...

So still sitting in plane at EWR and no updates. Its definitely going to be a long one. They are allowing pax to deplane if they want to grab a bite in terminal. Urging them not to go too far from gate incase computers wake up abruptly. Also putting on entertainment system so people can watch a movie or two...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:08 pm

At 4:30pm ET, the FAA issued a ground-stop for all United Airlines (including Express) for flights destined to Newark-EWR (90min) or San Francisco-SFO (30min), two of United's hubs.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:09 pm

confirmed - manual boarding passes issued at TPA

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
At CLE. Nobody boarding, though I just heard an announcement from another gate that they may try to do things by paper but anyone with an 'iphone boarding pass' will need to get a hand written one.
I had an iPhone boarding pass and fortunately was able to get a handwritten one from the ticket counter. I whizzed thru security and am seriously enjoying TPA's luxurious business center.

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Thrilled to be done with about 9500 miles of shorthaul domestic flying in the past week or so. Every flight was on time or early, (most) upgrades cleared and crews on both sides were friendly. Vintage CO and UA. Even the miles correctly posted within 48h of flight.

Here I was thinking things might have finally turned the corner... JUST KIDDING!

Programs: VAG
I have an 8am flight to a job interview tomorrow morning.

Perhaps I should start driving now...

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Thankfully not traveling today, but this will annoy a whole lot of holiday fliers. All we're missing now in this thread is the play-by-play with photos
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Cool

Is it bad that my first thought is, "how is this going to affect my Y -> C upgrade Friday on IAD-DOH?"
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:10 pm

Exclamation UA Down for the Count

Breaking this afternoon on 28-Aug, United is having a "network" outage. Their website is down for the count, and one can assume this is affecting airport ops too.

From Twitter @United: " We have a network outage & are working to get systems back online. We'll update soon. "

Yahoo Reporter says ticketing, check-in, etc. all down.

Line at ORD from a Twitter user: http://instagram.com/p/O4tAdTLN58/

All Newark flights grounded until at least 6pm per NYCAvaition

Another black eye for a carrier having major problems.

Another black eye for a carrier having major problems.

Brian

And mods, I know there is general post on UA problems, but this is huge and deserves its own post.

Last edited by PlateMan; Aug 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 1.3MM till 1/31/2015 Bye Smissek, Delta Plat. Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres. Circle
Announcement At Seatac that looks like system comming up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.