Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Sitting in Exit Row While Travelling With Children

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sitting in Exit Row While Travelling With Children

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Originally Posted by mre5765
I wonder why shares let's one book a reservation with multiple people in the same reservation, same surname and some in the exit row and some not. Ought to at least flag a warning.
I was looking at the OPs previous posts in other threads. Thats where I found the one where he says he has three children all under 10 (which he blames on his iPhone?). He has another post where he says he is going to Hawaii and bought three award tickets for his kids, and then paid for him and his wife. I didn't feel it was worth mentioning when I found it, but I believe that could be why they are split across exit and non-exit rows.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by zenkerflyer
First time poster, just signed up after stumbling on this thread. I did a research on google looking to find an answer to this very question you are all debating about "parents in the exit row with kids". Try it yourself. I could not believe it when I stumbled upon this forum and this thread. I WAS on this flight so of course I had to sign up an reply.

FACT, He was sitting with his wife in the "bulkhead" (yes there were 2 upfront) one row back from his original seat on the right side of the plane, his wife was in the middle seat and he was in the aisle, his 3 children a girl and 2 younger boys where sitting in to their direct left behind the exit row,

I cannot tell you if this flight attendant was right or wrong for wanting to move him but I can tell you he caused quite a scene over it and everyone around him noticed. He was throwing a fit and the flight attendant who approached him looked pretty startled and actually kind of frightened when he leaped to his feet initially and began yelling at her. I literally laughed out loud when I read he called her "queen pursor" given his behavior.

What other questions do you have because I know I was there? I am sure the poster knew it too by the facts I presented!!
Zenkerflyer, again Welcome to FT! Stick around - you'll gain lots of info & you've already discovered that discussions can be somewhat 'spirited'

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
First time poster, just signed up after stumbling on this thread. I did a research on google looking to find an answer to this very question you are all debating about "parents in the exit row with kids". Try it yourself. I could not believe it when I stumbled upon this forum and this thread. I WAS on this flight so of course I had to sign up an reply.

FACT, He was sitting with his wife in the "bulkhead" (yes there were 2 upfront) one row back from his original seat on the right side of the plane, his wife was in the middle seat and he was in the aisle, his 3 children a girl and 2 younger boys where sitting in to their direct left behind the exit row,

I cannot tell you if this flight attendant was right or wrong for wanting to move him but I can tell you he caused quite a scene over it and everyone around him noticed. He was throwing a fit and the flight attendant who approached him looked pretty startled and actually kind of frightened when he leaped to his feet initially and began yelling at her. I literally laughed out loud when I read he called her "queen pursor" given his behavior.

What other questions do you have because I know I was there? I am sure the poster knew it too by the facts I presented!!
Wow -- great to have some 'eyewitness' observations!

Welcome to FT!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:57 am

Welcome to FT Zenkerflyer!!!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

I can buy that all airlines need to be more detailed re: the exit row thing & agree w/ that 100%.

I don't buy into DYKWIA & profanity is acceptable & a reason to write UA complaining. I also think the OP did a 'fail' on the teachable moment to his kids.

Cheers.
+1 Could not have said it any better. Be a leader to your kids . . . and if you can't, at least be in control of yourself. You set the example for them at all times, even if you are not up to the task sometimes.

In "Zenker" we trust! In DYKWIA, we don't. ^
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:45 pm

I frankly don't understand what's the BIG DEAL here?

The OP admits that he was a jerk on the plane. No employee would touch his pleas for help to remain in the exit row. He's dropping profanity like there are no children in earshot. He clearly violated the rules which he has done on previous occasions without being called on the violation. He comes on here seeking sympathy and then flames nearly everyone that doesn't agree with his cause. Oh yeah, he's a doctor. A first time poster named "Zen" comes on and states he witnessed the entire incident and yep the OP was a BIG jerk. Then others join in the fun and begin to call "Zen" a liar.

Who really cares if the Op ever gets on a UA flight ever again?

I certainly don't because if, God forbid, I am in need of medical assistance and he's the only doctor on board, I'm screwed! In fact, me thinks that if there was an emergency on board and the OP needed to do the "EXIT ROW HELP THING" everyone's screwed, because due to his prior behavior he seems to put #1 before ANYONE else!

"ZEN" You da Man!!!^
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
Glad to see Zen came back. Logical explanation. The OP made a spectacle of himself on this board and on the airplane. I wasn't sure that anyone could make the OP sound worse then he did. But apparently he was....

Agree that he was wrong. Agree not a good model for his kids. And will admit that Zen seems legit and not a crazed FA posting under a different name.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Let me see if I understand your thought process.

The OP comes on & has a hissy fit (both on the plane AND on FT) & changes his story more than once but is to be believed & yet someone who posts another side is to be disbelieved, simply because he's a new poster. Did I get that right?

And if the OP comes back (again, after changing his story & before to the point that the mods had to delete his profanity) we're supposed to believe the OP over someone else. Not necessarily buying that train of thought. And it goes w/o saying the OP has a vested interest in debunking zenker's side of things . Just sayin...

I can buy that all airlines need to be more detailed re: the exit row thing & agree w/ that 100%.

I don't buy into DYKWIA & profanity is acceptable & a reason to write UA complaining. I also think the OP did a 'fail' on the teachable moment to his kids.

Cheers.
Not Exactly, all I was saying is 1 of the 2 is not owning up to the Truth, which one I have no idea , nor did I say which party wasnt telling the truth truth. I did say how to an extent it was hard to believe Zen all of a sudden comes onto FT for the 1st time and was in fact a passenger on that flight, but I didnt say they were the liar since it could have been 100% true and was hoping for the OP to return and clarify things

After Zens 2nd post I have the feeling the OP wont be returning
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
back for more.

To all of those who judged me as a total [not nice person]. You weren't there. I reached out to the forum for advice, but instead was told many times how wrong I was. Great, no problem. To the Zen person, you may think you know what happened, but then again, do you really. Do those on the forum that criticize what a "great parent" I must be to lose my temper in front of my kids, I have a rock for you to cast the first stone. All of you must be perfect examples to your children. God bless you. Why fly on a plane when you must be heaven sent. Let your wings set you free.
For those of you who question my competency, I hope our paths do cross, and i hope that I am able to help you if they do. I will always do my best.
For those of you that offered a modicum of understanding, thank you.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Aug 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm Reason: Once again, inappropriate language is not allowed on this site. http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q88
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I think I'll let the OP have the final word here. If there's a compelling reason to reopen this thread, please contact one of the volunteer moderators.

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United MileagePlus Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.