Search

*A Awards Between Asia/US via Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
*A Awards Between Asia/US via Europe

Hi FTers,

Needing to travel between Asia and US, I noticed that sometimes european routings like TPE-PVG-FRA-SFO via CA/LH/LH would show up on the awards from time to time, however, I've never booked them.

I want to ask whether it is possible to manually construct those awards? Perhaps a PVG/NRT-IST/ZUH/FRA-SFO routing to experience european carriers?

Thank you,
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Yes, you can route through Europe. You just need to use multi-destination.

Last edited by USFdonWill; Aug 27, 2012 at 6:09 pm
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:00 pm

If multi-destination doesn't work, call. I called in for mine.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
are there specific rules like maximum number of miles that needs to be followed?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:43 am

Yes, 115% of MPM is the upper limit.
Originally Posted by RandomTaiwanese
are there specific rules like maximum number of miles that needs to be followed?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
Yes, 115% of MPM is the upper limit.
Don't think that's the case for the new UA any longer. I'd have busted my MPM flying ORD-SIN via FRA, ICN and TPE. It still ticketed and went through properly.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:43 am

How about Australia to US via Europe? Is that possible too? I tried building an itinerary using the multiple destinations feature, but I get an error message every time. The itin would be something like PER-YYZ via any of the European hubs.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:29 pm

Is there a limit to how many legs you can have on an award? Specifically a UAL Mileage Plus award to Australia/NZ via Europe?

Are there limits on this?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Originally Posted by atcguy
Is there a limit to how many legs you can have on an award? Specifically a UAL Mileage Plus award to Australia/NZ via Europe?

Are there limits on this?
IMO it's more about regions and where your turnaround point is. They're not always spot on at determining turnaround point, so you could bounce around a bit within a region. I recently did a US-EU award with 8 legs, four of which were just bouncing around, i.e. not needed to get from A to B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.